Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I know that it has been awhile since I last posted or even left comments on my friends sites. I have been sick with some kind of crud. I am better but still feeling a little puny. I did run fever for a couple of days then lost my voice(everyone was jumping for joy on that) then head stopped up and had a bad headache. Today I have felt so much better. Now David and my neice Sam has it. Okay, now to catch you all up to date. Saturday me and my sisters done our annual Christmas shopping. I got home at 5 and then me and all the kids loaded up and went to Ashland to the rodeo. Sam ran barrels and Brian rode bulls. Sam was the first up and did real good. She didn't place but that was okay for her run was picture perfect. Then Brian's time was up. While he was getting in the shoot the bull tried coming out. I was freaking out. I was hollering for Brian to get off. Did he listen, no. Then the shoot opened and the riding started. His bull got into a spin and Brian started dressing up the bull. What is dressing, you ask? Well, it's like trying to get the judges attention to capture more points. While the bull was bucking and spinning, Brian was doddling his head and swinging his arm. When the horn blowed, off he came. I was jumping up and down and hollering. Then we heard his score. It was a 71. I looked up and here comes Brian running over to the fence where I was and got his hug and kiss. The score wasn't high even to win first place but he did get second. Sunday I cooked a big dinner for all the kids. I had some southern cooking going on here. Then all the kids went outside and helped Lamar work on my goats wagon. It was a beautiful weekend with the temps reaching up in the 70's. Monday was another nice day. Along with Tuesday. Tuesday night found all the kids and us playing the game'Scenic'. What a load of fun that was.lol Today started off warm but rain has moved in and the temps are dropping. We are going to a ranch sorting this weekend instead of barrel racing or rodeoing. The weather man is calling for the temps to be very cold along with a chance of snow. What??!!!! SNOW???!!!!! Man, I am sooooooo ready for warmer temps. Wait, didn't I post not to long ago about wanting cooler temps, hmmm........, yea, I'm hard to please.

15 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
I'm sorry that you have been sick, but am glad you are feeling better now. It seems when you get that stuff it just really brings you down and it just hangs on forever. And this weather being the way it is, doens't help much either. I'm so glad Brian got second place. I know you were proud. I would have been a nervous wreck as well. Say you've been cooking up some Southern Food? Well, what kind of Southern Food have you been cooking? Want to share with us? LOL. Are they really talking Snow down there? I know they have been saying we might have Snow here late Friday night into Saturday. But from the weather report at 6:00p.m., it looks like the most accumulating Snow will be to the North of us. We will probably see just rain with a few snowflakes mixed in now and then. Then further on South of us, just rain. Who knows what it will do. We will just have to tune in for Saturday's episode huh? LOL. Have you got your Christmas Tree up yet? I would love to see some pictures of it and other decorations you might have. I bet they sure are pretty. We have a little Restaurant here in town called "The Cowboy Grill". They are only open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They have some really good food also. They have it all decorated "Cowboy Style" for Christmas. On the Christmas Tree, there is rope haning and red bows and white lights. I think the top has a Cowboy Hat on it. If I get a chance to go eat there before Christmas, I will take a picture with it of my cell phone. My cell phone doesn't take the best of pictures, but I will try anyway. It was 73 degrees here yesterday afternoon. The high today has only been 44 degrees and it's been raining off and on all day as well. I do hope you get to feeling better as well as the kids. Tis the season for all this crud. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. Have a great time this weekend and be sure to bundle up.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Beemoosie said...

Hope you are restin up and taking care of YOURSELF! Sounds like you are so busy! Are you having Christmas at your house? We've got plenty of snow here...gotta run!
XXOO
B

BClark said...

With your busy life I hope you take your vitimens. Glad you are on the road to recovery. I can just imagine how you felt with that bull. The closest I came was my son's first horse show. I talked to the judges and he was just going to walk through the one event to get the feel of it. He gets down to the end fine and was turning around when some yahoo decides to help. He jumps up hollering and yelling and spooks the horse. Certeza take off for the barn, dumping James just before he would have been scrapped off on the eves. I could have drawn and quarted that guy if I had found him, I was too busy chasing son and horse.
Enjoy yourself and thank you so much for stopping by. Oh, goat wagon, I was pleased I got mine to walk on a lead. Don't know how much success I would have trying to drive them or is this a wagon to haul them in??? Best to you and yours, Barbara

Patty said...

Sure hope you are feeling better !

BClark said...

Thank you for the answer on the goat wagon. Saw the guy I bought the goats from and he told me he is thinning his herd. Looks like I will be adding a couple more,lol. It might be kind of neat to get them to pull some sort of cart. When I am in the woody part of our place I always get the mowers stuck. I use the mowers for everything,lol. Having them pull a cart would allow me to pick up wood and stuff. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Did you get any of the white stuff?? Stay warm and healthy. Barbara

Ms. Anne said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I luv me some Southern food. Let's throw down some grub get to eatin' We've heard the S word here too, but now it looks like it might pass us up. I wish it would snow a little. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.
Did you mail the crud over here, cause we all got it this week? Glad you're feeling better. I took today off and probablyI'll take tomorrow off too. Congratulations to the kids on their fine showmanship.

Aunt Jenny said...

I sure hope you feel lots better..too hard to be sick when you are the Mom!!! Sounds like you have sure been exciting busy!!!
Have a great weekend!!!Take it easy!

Kim Campbell said...

I am glad you are feeling better! You need to quit burning the candle at both ends hon!
XO

Day4plus said...

So glad you are feeling better. that ole crud is so no fun. Not much going on out this way except lots of cold rain. Ugh!! You take care, MB

JANET said...

Snow? Whoa!
It will be turning cold here tommorrow...from near 80 last week to the 40s this week. The wind is whipping now!
Glad you are doing better.

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
Thanks for the email. I really appreciate it. I'm glad your feeling better. When you have the time and feel like it, stop by. I have a "Bodacious Blog Award" for you. I know you said you couln't comment, but if you can't again, let me know and maybe I can email it to you. Take care my friend and May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

ancient one said...

Exciting life you lead!! Sorry you were sick.. glad you're feeling better! In case I don't get back...Merry Christmas!!

Tina Leavy said...

so sorry that you were sick. glad you are getting better now. sounds like Brian had a good ride. tht's great. sounds like ya'll have been having some busy but fun days. I hope you and yours have an absolutely wonderful Christmas.
hugs~Tina

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Laura,

I'm glad you're feeling better! Just stopped by to wish you and yours a Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Big Hugs,

Renie

Unknown said...

This product is good for weight loss, it works well, so always use it universal fat burner