Thursday, December 6, 2007

WHAT ABOUT THEM COWGIRLS......


You all may remember back in August where I wrote about my neice Sam. She is the one who out ran me at the rodeo. Well, this is her. She just turned 13 and can ride the hair off of a horse. This was taken Saturday night before the rodeo started. Notice the black hat that I'm wearing. During the winter months, one is suppose to wear a black hat and then during the summer months one is suppose to wear a straw hat. Has any of you ever listen to Chris Leduex song ' This Cowboy Hat'? It talks about if you touch this hat you will ride a black tornado. This black hat actually rode a black tornado. It was at my sister's house back in 2001 when the f5 tornado struck here and it survived the tornado. I got one of my friends the other night to reshape the hat. Boy, did it look bad but it regained it shape and Saturday night was back on my head for rodeo. If the hat could talk the stories it would tell. My neice is my pride and joy along with my kids. I love all my neices and nephews but this one is my favorite. She is her Aunie's child. So much like me it is unreal. Oh, Tracey, this is the screaming cowgirl.

4 comments:

BClark said...

Oh, I love your lifestyle, you have the one that when I was young I thought I might have. Well, as we know, things change. I enjoy your stories and can smell the dust, the sweaty horse and the wonderful leather smell. I can hear the creak of the saddle, and the blood pounding in your ears as you race along. Thank you

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, just look at those two beautiful cowgirls in their black hats! You gals are something else, Laura. And a black hat that rode through a black tornado and survived! I'm glad you get to wear it again.

Loved reading about them cowgirls. :-) Take care and God bless.

Renie

Day4plus said...

What about them cowgirls? (George Strait)
Cowgirling is just so much fun and now I am reliving it through my Kylee. She moved in my house--she took my horse--I love it!!!
You and Sam have a blast and fill me in on the details. MB

ancient one said...

And all this time I thought the good guys wore the white hats. Learn something new everyday!! LOL