Sunday, May 4, 2008

BARNYARD BUDDIES......

This is this last week for the blog-a-thon that Tina over at www.gardengoose.blogspot.com is hosting. We have discussed everything from gardening, crafting, and now we are down to the barnyard buddies. I have pictured below some pictures of just a few of the animals that call 2lmzfarms their home. In the first picture is Ginger my Nubian who I milk with her two little ones. Then there is a picture of Domini Jack a.k.a Trigger then there is Lady my other milk goat. I recently have increased my herd of goats and hopefully soon I can post some pictures of the ones that have joined us here. I raise boer and boer-crossed goats. We show these goats and also sell to the public. I do have some 4-H kids that come and pick out the goats they want to show in 4-H. I also have two milk goats that I do milk by hand and use their milk to make soap and we also use their milk to drink and cook with. I also have horses that I barrel race with and we have also added 4 cows to our herd just the other day. I trully enjoy raising goats. There is just something about sitting outside and watching the little ones play and jump around. I also have learned that raising goats I can make a clear profit from them then with the horses and cows. Each and everyone of my goats have a name and each has their own personality. Ginger is just a big baby, and such a drama queen, Lady is the queen bee around here. If someone or something gets in her space, believe me she will let you know. Lady is also one of the easiest goats to milk, and loves to give kisses. If you ignore her she will butt you and then hold her head up to you and smack her lips , that's her way of telling you she wants a kiss. Yea, I know they are all spolied around here. Same way with the horses, my mare Dass gets very jealous if I go to one of the other horses before I come to her. She will stomp her foot and then when you do get to her, she turns her head and acts like you aren't even there. You have to do a lot of kissing up to her before she gets over her mad spell. My animals around here are more than just animals to me , they are like family. I get very attached to each and everyone of them. Let's see if I can name them all,: Ginger, Shelby, Wheezer, Lady, Joey, Dixie, Oreo, Brownie, Wattles, Deer, Taco, (ok, I can't name all the goats) horse,: Dass, Jass, Trigger, Ben and Jerry, then there is Annie, Clumsy, ChiChi, Cee Cee and then 4 cows that are short bred. If you would like to connect with other farmgirls to talk and chat about the farm life regardless of whether you live on a farm or just dream of it, drop in at www.maryjanesfarm.org I'm positive you are going to love it and the farmgirls and Mary Jane.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love your barnyard buddies. They are so cute. I have always wanted goats. What do you raise yours for? Just curious.
I am going to find the directions for the crocheted flowers and I will email them to you.
Blessings,
Ruth

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Loved reading about all your barn yard buddies! When I first moved to the country, 25 years ago this year, I acquired all kinds of animals. I had a regular barnyard zoo. But these days, I only have a couple of dogs and cats, and lots of wildlife and wild bird buddies. I have a possum that comes to visit every evening, and takes the hot dogs I give him right out of my hand! I know lots of people don't think much of possums, but I love all animals, have all my life, and can't change at this stage of the game. Lol.

Love reading your adventures with your animals!

Take care!

Renie