Saturday, May 10, 2008

I had a barrel race today in New Albany. I think I should have stayed at home. I knew this morning when my feet hit the floor today was going to be an off day for me. I got up at 5 and went and feed my little babies. Came in and dranked some coffee. I then started making a cake for we was having a fundraiser with the barrel race. Got the cake in the oven and looked outside and my new mare was in the backyard. I thought that there was no worry for she would just stay right there and graze. Well, I started some clothes in the washer and in about 15 mins I went to check on the mare. She was nowhere to be seen. I knew she hadn't went far. I went into the barn and there she was in the feed room but she had guest. There was about 5 goats in there with here. I got Jazz( yea, weird ain't it, I got Dass and now Jazz) back in her stall and let me tell ya, those goats wasn't moving for nothing. I finally got them back into the pasture and went into the house. It was getting close for me to leave. I ended up carrying some soap, strawberry cake, strawberry jam, and a rug. I got to the barrel race and my head and neck was really hurting. I rode Dass for alittle while and then went and tied her up at the trailer. When it came my time to run, Dass threw her a fit. She didn't want to go into the gate. Well, I finally get her headed toward the gate and she wheels back on me. Going into the first barrel, we had it going on, was doing good going into the second barrel but the third we plowed it. I mean ran all over it and my foot came out of my stirrup. I ended up with a no time and when I got back to the trailer, I told Brian and Tessa that we would be working the barrels everyday from now on instead of a couple days before hand. Dass knows how to work, we won't run them during the day just working of getting off them going into our turns. I looked at my cell phone and noticed I had a text, it was from the weather station. We was put under a tornado watch until midnight tonight. They are saying for us to be prepared for some storms like we had last week. Don't know about any of all but I'll be glad to see this stormy season gone!!!! I feel like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz.

4 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Yep, tornadoes are lurking around again! I saw where Russellville, Arkansas, where one of my son lives, was under a tornado watch again. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch, and already have had a ton of rain again. I'll be glad when this scary weather finally moves out for good.

I'm sure Das will do better for you next time, Laura.

Take care, stay safe, and have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Renie

Mississippi Songbird said...

I agree with you about North Ms being tornado alley..The kids went skating tonight and I went ot pick them up early because they put us under a tornado watch. On the way home, when we got between Ripley and Falkner on Hwy 15, I could not see in front of me, and then the hail storm came.. It took us about 45 minutes to get home, when usually it takes maybe 15mintes..
I hope you folks stay safe too. I know that Pontitic has had it's share of tornados in the past..
Stay safe and have a Happy Mothers day..

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"!!!! I'm sorry you had a bad day with the barrel racing. Hopefully next time you will do better. I sure hope yall didn't get hit too hard last night. Before I went to bed last night around 10:30p.m., I seen on Channel 3 out of Memphis where it looked like yall were getting hit again. They sounded the sirens here yesterday afternoon late, but nothing ever touched down and we didn't have any damage that I'm aware of. We did get some pea size hail for a minute or so and after that, some very heavy rains. I will be glad when all of the severe weather is over with for a while. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

BClark said...

Happy Mother's Day, hope it is sunny and calm for you.
More storms on the news this morning, bad season. We had a mini one come through last week and blow stuff all over the place. I was headed for the basement and trying to round up cats as it went over. Know what you mean about the goats, they do love their food! Good luck with Jazz, probably trying you out to see what you will let her get away with,lol. Best to you, Barbara