Friday, May 2, 2008

Yesterday was another beautiful day but today they are saying we have a 90% chance of rain and we could have some bad storms move in late this afternoon and tonight. Yesterday found us trying to catch my ponies. One of the ponies, Jerry, thinks getting caught is a game. He loves to run and wants you to chase him. He will run away from you then turn and look at you to see if you are chasing him. We started at 2:30 and by 4 we was tired but not Jerry, he was just getting his second wind. So, me, JB, Kyle, David, Jon Micheal, and Josh saddle up the horses and thought no problem we could just rope the little snot. We also had my Dad, Tessa, and my nephew Toby on foot to help us. One would think that many people would be able to catch a little 34in pony. Nope, when there is 40 acres of wide open spaces, it just makes it more harder. Let me tell ya, that little snot can run and he is quick too. One would have though there was a steer wrestling going on for Kyle and Jon Micheal was running up on each side of him trying to rope him and Jerry looked over and seen the big horses catching up on him and off he went. We tried everything possibe by trying to coax him into the round pen with feed and even in the stall with his partner Ben with feed but no he didn't want that. At 6:15 we finally penned him up close to the barn and got him into the stall. Now I won't go into details on how that was done for I might offend someone , and gosh forbids if I offend someone of my blog, just use your imagination. For those old-timers that have dealt with animals you might have an idea what I'm talking about. Can we say, ROCK SALT? I am willing to beat that now when one calls him and shakes a feed bucket, his little tail is going to be scooting for the barn. Yup, just another exciting and funfilled day down on the farm.

2 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura.

Oh, my, pony Jerry sure gave you all a good workout yesterday! LOL. I guess it wasn't funny then, but it was funny reading about it. Animals definitely make life more complicated, but interesting.

We are under a thunderstorm watch today as well. The skies are overcast, and there is a strong wind blowning. Hope they don't get too severe, in your neck of the woods, or mine.

Have a blessed weekend!

Renie

Aunt Jenny said...

Looked like it was gonna storm here today too...but never did. We haven't had more snow since earlier this week..that was just weird!!
You sure sound busy..and about to get busier! Congrats on the new daughter in law to be!! How fun!!!
Have a great weekend!!