Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sunday night I get this text from Jon Brandon. It was a picture of an egagement ring on a finger and underneath it read,"SHE SAID YES". I then called him and when he answered, I don't know which one of us was crying the most, me or him. I'm so happy not only for him but for Abbie too. They have been together for over a year now and really, she is already a part of the family. I'm so thankful that JB has found someone like Abbie. And I'm also thankful that Abbie has found someone like JB. They haven't really set a date yet for right now they said it would be before he leaves out for Irag which is like this summer or the first of fall. YIKES, do these kids not know that I need a date, I need to start getting things together, find a dress(OMG me in a dress, now that's funny, can I wear my boots and apron, PLEASE) , lose some weight, start working of a wedding quilt, please just give me a date. I have often wondered what kind of man he would turn out to be. God answered my prayers and took my sweet loving little rugrat and in return gave me this handsome gentle caring responsible loving man.

8 comments:

Ms. Anne said...

How wonderful for you folks. Congratulations to the newly engaged! I would love to see a nice mother of the groom dress that includes an apron and works with boots!

BClark said...

Alright, how super is that, they look like a great couple and I wish them well. Love your rug idea, of course for me to do it would mean I would need to learn to crochet. I still need to learn to make soap and bake and can, humm guess I will be busy for a while. Best to you Barbara

Mississippi Songbird said...

Oh, That's so wonderfull. Congratulations to the happy couple.. God Bless all of you..

Beemoosie said...

Oh Happy times!!! I'll be praying for blessings and safety for the lovely couple!!!
B

Tina Leavy said...

congratulations to everyone!

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations to JB and Abbie! That's wonderful news, and it will keep your "Momma" busy, planning for the wedding!

And Laura, it was so nice to read your feelings about your son. God has blessed you, for sure.

Take care!

Renie

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

Congratulations!! They make such a cute couple!

Kim Campbell said...

YAY! I'm so happy for your family! I am glad you are safe! It was all I could do today to wait and call hubby at a resonable hour to make sure they were ok.
Love Ya!!