Sunday, February 3, 2008

As I set here on the computer while the kids are in the living room watching the ball game. The laughter and chit-chat drifts into the den where I am at. I sit here and think how lucky and blessed I am. There are only two of the kids that are not here and my heart saddens for not having all my chicks here with me but I understand that sometimes they just can't stay under my wing at all times. Brian went to his girlfriend's house for their superbowl party and Emily went with her dad to a superbowl party. I watch and listen to how the kids laugh and joke with each other and wonder if they know how blessed they are to have such a big family that not only are we family but also friends. I am lucky to have such a large family. There is not a moment that goes by that I don't thank God for giving me this family.

4 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
You truly are blessed to have such wonderful kids and they are blessed with having such a loving Mother as you. I hate that they all aren't there, but it is that way when they grow up. I'm so dreading that day myself. I don't want to let go of them. "CONGRATULATION'S" to Brian for winning the Bull Riding. I know you are very proud of him. I don't like College Football either, but now give me my hometown Football team, and I'm all about that. I still keep up with the team during Football Season. Sounds like everyone is having a good time watching the game. I haven't been watching it either. I have flipped on the channel a couple of times just to see who was winning. I did see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sing a couple of songs at half-time. He sure has aged. LOL. Rain is moving in here again later tonight and in the forecast for tomorrow and into Tuesday. There is also a chance for some Severe Thunderstorms. I don't mind the rain and a few rumbles of thunder, but I don't like it when it gets severe. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Day4plus said...

Hi Laura, sounds like a fun family time at your house. Very nice.
Congrats to Brian on winning the bull riding. Not much goinging on out this way. Have a good week. MB

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Laura,

You are blessed indeed with your large family. I was an only child, so when I was married, decided to have more than one child. I was blessed with 2 sons and a daughter, and several grandchildren. So now I have a large family as well. They are such a blessing to me, too!

Congratulations to Brian!

I am not a football fan, but a dear friend is, and because her team, the Giants won last night, she is treating me to lunch. So I'm happy they won. LOL.

Have a wonderful day with your wonderful brood!

Blessings,

Renie

Mississippi Songbird said...

It's great..! the laughter of the children.. I love it, though , I would like my own room...lol
My husband kids me.. I really would though. I would like my own room, with my own TV and Stereo and such.. That's what my kids have, So why shouldn't I???

lol
Have a great week.