Monday, February 18, 2008

We had a very full weekend. Friday found us cleaning up around the house and outside. I had to work Saturday till lunch, we are getting ready for the furniture market that starts this Wednesday. We all are hoping we will have a good one for this is how we stay in business. Then Saturday night found us heading out to Houston for the rodeo. Brian rode in bull riding, he drew a good bull but the bull just didn't buck enough for him to get a real good score but, he did end up in 3rd place. Sunday found me over at my Dad's. We have had 6 little kids born and me and my sister Jennifer went over there and gave them their vitamins and checked on every thing. I'm gonna try and get them moved over here to my house in the next week or so. I did get some house work done Sunday but one can't tell it now. I need to make some more soap one night this week. I only make a batch of 6 bars at a time. Making large batches just really messes me up so I just stick to a small batch.We have made a batch that is a fresh scent and then another batch that is cucumber melon. I enjoy making soap and sometimes its a trail and error thing. We grilled out hamburgers last night and tonight for supper it was whatever is in the fridge. Now the question is what am I gonna cook for tomorrow night?!

4 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Sounds like a busy weekend was had by everyone. Me and my DH went out to eat Friday night for our Valentine's celebration together. Saturday we went over to the other house and got a few things and I heated up the Chicken Noodle Soup I had made Thursday night. Sunday, me and the girls just layed around and stayed in our jammies till late in the day. I had to run up to the Dollar General Store and get a few things. I'm glad Brian had a good ride with the bull. I do love watching me some Bull Riding. I am in the process of re-doing my blog and have done some already. I'm in the process of fixing me an Awards page so I can take some of the graphics off of there. Hopefully when I get that done, you will be able to stop in and leave a comment. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

You did have a busy weekend.
I bet those kids are so cute.
Isn't the weather wonderful? Do you think we are through with winter yet? I sure do hope so..
Have a terrific week.

Aunt Jenny said...

I need to make some soap..it has been too long.
Still winter here...
I had fun catching up reading on your blog...didn't realize it has been awhile since I visited..and those roses are so so pretty!! I love the yellow ones!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

Sounds like your weather is a lot better than ours! Can't wait to grill hamburgers and other good stuff outside on the grill.

I bet those "kids" are just adorable! I love goats, but haven't had one in some time.

Hope your week is going real well!

Blessings,

Renie