Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

I got 6 beautiful yellow roses from my Boo today. Everything in the vase was yellow. Guess you can tell what is my favorite color now, huh?!. He also took me out to eat the other night. I got him a card and this Sunday I'm taking him to the car museum over in Tupelo. I always try to take him somewhere for Valentines Day that he hasn't been. I try to keep it close to home and not spend a lot of money. One year I took him to Graceland, another time to The Pink Palace, Elvis's home place here in Tupelo. Just little things like that and believe it or not, it doesn't cost a lot of money. I am making potato soup for supper for he really likes this recipe that I use. It's called 'Ole Charlie's Potato Soup'. After supper, Tessa and me are making another patch of soap. We are going to scent this one with cucumber melon. The last batch we done we scented it with fresh scent. It was okay but really not a favorite with me. Today started out cold but warmed up to 58. VERY NICE. The animals have really enjoyed this sunshine that we have had and the humans have too. I guess you all seen American Idol last night. Drew didn't make it to the top 24 but that's okay I just know that he is going to make it in the music industry. He told Randy Paula, and Simon that it was okay that he didn't make it for now he wouldn't miss turkey season. Yup, so like Drew. Now I have to find another person to root for now that my little country boy is gone. I honestly wished Drew had more air time than they gave him and everyone could have heard him sing. Yes, I'm partial I have to be, Drew is one of my homies and you know how that is, birds of the same feather always flock together. Hope you all have a blessed valentines day.

8 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY"!!!! Ohmygosh girlfriend, your Yellow Roses are just beautiful. I so wish I could get some Roses sometime. I did once a long time ago for my 16th Birthday. It was from my boyfriend and he got me 1/2 dozen of Red Roses. I must say the Yellow Roses are so stunning and it makes you think of Spring. Where did yall go eat at the other night? Someplace good I hope. I have been to Graceland before many moons ago. LOL. I have also been to Elvis' birthplace there in Tupelo. My Uncle that lives in Aberdeen took me back in 1993 I think. I hope yall have a good time at the Car Museum this weekend. The smell of homemade soap? I have never smelt any homemade soap before. I do love the cucumber melon scents tho. I could just say, Calgon, take me away. LOL. It wouldn't be Calgon tho, it would be your homemade soap. The weather here was nice today. It got up to 51 degrees. It was a little windy too. Our oldest daughter is still sick and wasn't able to go to School today. She even passed out on me once this afternoon. You talk about being scared. When you have time, stop by. I have a Valentine's Wreath and Friendship Banner for you and everyone else on my today's post. I know you can't leave me comments, but you can email them to me if you want to. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Those are gorgeous!
I hope you had a very nice Valentines Day! God Bless you. Bunches of hugs!

BClark said...

Hi, I've missed you, not your fault but mine. So much going on I completely lost track of time. Wonderful flowers, things like that just melt your heart don't they. Jim brings me plants now and then. The last one he brought me was a beautiful Peace Rose. When it blooms it is so beautiful. Your tattoo is awesome, you are much braver then me, I know it had to hurt like crazy.
Too bad about Drew, but if he made it through the first part I know he has to have talent. Maybe he will go back again and do better, I know that has happened for several of the people. Seems like there are at least 2 on there now that were on prior shows.
Best to you, glad the storms missed ya and that you have some sun. Such a shame about the fire, hope no one was injured. I will send prayers. How is the soap making going? I have printed out all kinds of information but have not yet had the nerve to try it. I love nice soap especially Tea Rose and Citrus scents. Maybe you will inspire me to give it a try. Love to you all, Barbara

BClark said...

Oh, speaking of Boo,lol. The cat in my picture is named Boo Boo.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. The yellow roses are gorgeous. And you are right, it doesn't take a whole bunch of money to have a nice time.

Just wanted to drop by and see what you've been up to. Take care and have a nice evening.

Blessings,

Renie

Beemoosie said...

Hey Laura!! Happy Valentine's day to you...a little late!! Hey, are you selling your soap at all? I do love homemade soap! And girl, you seem to always be cooking up something fantastic! Wish I could pop in for dinner LOL!
Have a great weekend!
B

ancient one said...

Sorry about Drew.. he was one of my favorites... at least he got some air time. We had a girl from ECU make it to hollywood, but we never saw her on the air once...Oh well, they can't show everyone who doesn't make it...

Yellow roses are my favorites too.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi!

Tina Leavy said...

Hi Laura,
So glad you had a good Valentines Day. those roses are so pretty and yep...I'm like you..I love yellow flowers.
Glad you had a good time.
hugs, Tina