Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SEVEN FAMOUS PEOPLE I HAVE MET

My friend Stephanie over at www.mississippisongbird.blogspot.com has asked that I list seven famous people that I have met. Just seven, heck, I know more than that.lol
1. GEORGE STRAIT. Me and my family (the pontotoc mafia, or so that's what they call us) have been going to his concerts since 1984. I had the chance of meeting him and getting his autograph and believe me that man is FINE
2. KENNY CHESNEY. I have been to 4 of his concerts and the last one I was able to get is autograph. Do ya'll know how little that guy is? I'm taller and bigger than he is
3. JUDY RODMAN. She is a country singer that is from here. She hasn't had any more albums produced in a while. Her and dad and some of my family members would get together on the weekends and make music. She is super nice.
4. LANCE GRAVES. He is the all time champion barrel horse trainer and rider. One time when I was in Starkville, he was in my heat to ride and this guy kept talking to me and I didn't know who he was until afterwards. And I didn't even get his autograph.boohoo
5. JOHN CONLEE. The guy that sings ROSE COLORED GLASSES. He has my vote for his son is in the military and we talked for a very long time than night about being military parents.
6. JOHN GRISHAM. Use to live not that far from us . Weird but nice.
7. PAULA DEEN. Very down to earth and loveable. I meet her in Oxford and had a ball talking to her. You just think I'm a cut-up wait till you meet her.
Instead of tagging certain ones, I'm asking those of you who visit to do this tag and let's see who you have met.

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I had to come and see who the 7 famous people you have met. Girlfriend, you are one lucky Woman. Being able to meet those country singers and get their autographs is just too cool. I seen this over at Stephanie's the other day, and I told her I didn't have 7 famous people that I have met. The only famous person that I remember meeting is Bill Clinton. It was when he was Govenor back in the 80's. He was a speaker at Williams Baptist College in Walnut Ridge, AR, where my Sister went to College. He spoke at the Graduation Ceremony. I even had my picture made with him. I wonder if I could get away and get rich if I turned that in? ROFLMBO. Just kidding. I wouldn't stoop that low. I would like to meet John Grisham as well. The movie, "A PAINTED HOUSE" was filmed in my hometown of Lepanto, AR. I was working as a Dispatcher at the Police Department when that was going on. I worked 2nd and 3rd shifts, so by the time I got to work, most of the filming was already done with for the day. There was a day or 2 that they were filming down Main Street and I had to park my car in the back of the Police Department. But, I never got to see anyone famous. Alot of the Police Officers I worked with did. I would so love to meet Paula Deen. I just love her to death. She is very funny. I watch her on her shows on Food Network. I would love to go eat at her Lady & Son's Restuarant someday. My Sister has been to her Restaurant before, but not me. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Beemoosie said...

Very neat Laura!! I grew up watching NASCAR in the 1980's when it wasn't so Hollywood, so I'd say I've probably met at least 7 NASCAR drivers!