Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The weather the past of couple of days has been nice but cold. The sun has been out but the temps have stayed in the 40's. Been trying to catch up on all the washing and keeping the house straightened, notice, I didn't say clean just straightened.lol Tessa and me did get another batch of soap made last night this time we colored it a pinkish color with the rose scent. I took it out of the mold today and have it curing now on the rack. We are fixing to try making cheese. Again notice I said try. My nephew Toby is all the time watching us and saying he wants to see a big mess. lol He will turn 30 next Wednesday. We are trying to find out when he will be home and have him a birthday party. He works for this company that sometimes they go out of state and are gone for several days.
I sent Lamar and Kasey to Tupelo tonight for the Kid Rock concert. I got tickets for Lamar at Christmas and I didn't want to go, so we put all the kids name in a bowl and he drew out the lucky name that would get to go. That was the only fair way to do it with all the kids around here.
The weather man is calling for rain the rest of the week and I really need to ride. We have a rodeo this Saturday night at Ashland. So if any of you are in the area of Ashland just drop in for the rodeo at 7pm and watch the bull riding and barrel racing. We don't care about the other parts of the rodeo for we think those 2 are the most important.lol

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Wow, I must say you are keeping busy these days. If your cheese turns out, maybe you should open you a little shop and sell the things you make. I bet they would go over very well. We are under a Freezing Rain Advisory tonight and tomorrow. It is colder than a well diggers butt out there. LOL. I had to say that because my DH says that sometimes. It's 30 degrees with a windchill of 15. The wind is blowing something fierce. I hope it doesn't get too bad and we lose our power. I hope yall have a good time this weekend at the Rodeo. Yep, gotta love the Bull Riding and Barrel Racing the best. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Hey,Laura

Yes, I live about 10 miles from Ashland.. I don't go that way very much.. I usually go the other way, towards Ripley ..
I hope it doesn't rain you out Saturday..Thanks for letting me know about the rodeo.. It would be fun to come and see. My kids would enjoy that..
Have a great Weekend!