Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just Another Day .....

It seems like everytime I turn around something or someone is getting hurt around here. I have been noticing Dass has been giving to her right leg. I thought maybe she had just strained something or just stepped wrong. The other day, she was getting worse. I called the vet and he couldn't get out here till the next morning and reassured me it wasn't a life or death thing. I then called Mo and he came and checked her for me. It seems that she had an abcess forming under her shoe. He took the shoe off and we cleaned the area real good and applied some medicine. Would you believe the next morning she was fine.?! I'm keeping her in her stall and cleaning her hoof, scrubbing it real good with clorox and then putting medicine on it. Usually an abcess can take several months to heal, so we must have caught it when it just starting. I'm telling ya, it's one thing or another around here. I'm also trying to get some pens done up to move the goats from my Dad's to over here. We have had little ones hitting the ground left and right. I'm waiting on my dairy goat, Lady, to deliver. I will have to bottle feed her little ones. Good thing that we only breed one time a year. Yesterday, we had a light dusting of snow. Nothing to stick but just something to watch. It has been cold here this week and I'm wondering where has spring run off to. Have a rodeo this Saturday night again in Houston, haven't made up my mind if I'm going to run or not.

5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
I'm sorry that Dass had an infection, but like you said, it is a good thing you got it before it got too bad. Hopefully she will be back to normal before too long. When the baby goats get here you will have to take some pictures and show them to us. I can't believe you and Stephanie got some Snow. Well at least yall got a bit tho. When we got ours on Friday night, it didn't even stick to much especially the grass. Just a little on the cars and things like that. It was gone the next morning tho. But I did get to see it coming down for a bit. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

BClark said...

Great you caught that early. I guess all these things happen to keep us on our toes. I am so glad you are the one having to deal with the babies. I have my hands full taking care of these grown and half grown ones, like a herd of two year olds. I will admit those babies are darling. Take care and have a soak for me. Barbara

Beemoosie said...

I'm glad Dass is doing better. You sure are a busy lady! We had about 6 inches of snow here this week and the temps are hanging around zero!!! The weather man did say its less than a month to spring, which doesn't mean much up here, but we like the word!!

Tina Leavy said...

hey girl, glad Dass is doing better. if you do get to Houston I hope you have a great time.

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Just catching up on my favorite blogs. Glad Dass is better! Take a picture of him and post it sometimes.

Blessinfs,

Renie