Thursday, February 7, 2008

We survivied the storms the other night. I had the t.v. on to watch the weather and then all of the sudden they said they had rotation at Algoma. That is where my parents live and I called they were already in the storm house. I didn't have time to get to our storm house but it never got bad here. It was like one minute we had clouds then the next the stars were out. I then realize that the storm was heading straight toward where my friend Stephanie lives I said a quick prayer for her and her family. According to her post they only had hail. Stephanie's blog is www.mississippisongbird.blogspot.com go check her out. Yes, we were lucky and I know that other counties and states wasn't and my heart goes out to them. I know first hand how a tornado can affect your life and your hometown. It's a helpless feeling.
My friend Tina over at www.gardengoose.blogspot.com is having a giveaway. Drop over and leave her a comment and maybe you will be the lucky one to win. Let me tell ya, if you are, you are in for a big surprise, Tina sure knows how to pack a box.lol Her and her husband also puts aout a magazine www.stliving.net . So if you get a chance pull that up on your computer also.
Gotta get ready for work, we are working 9 hours a day and have to work half a day this Saturday. I'm not complaining just happy for the work.

6 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
"PRAISE GOD" yall are okay. I have been worried about yall. It was a bad night the other night. We didn't get anything here but just some rain and a little wind and thunder and lightening. My heart goes out to those who lost everything and lost loved ones as well. I had posted about the damages here in Arkansas and Tennessee yesterday. I know what you mean about working those long hours. It can be hard sometimes, but like you said, your "THANKFUL" you have the job. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours. I will have to go check out that Giveaway.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

ancient one said...

So Glad the storms missed you!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Thank the Lord the storms missed you! We were under a tornado watch for several hours, then came a tornado warning, but it was lifted a half an hour later. It was a relief! I feel so bad for all the people affected, though. But I am thankful you and yours are safe, and Stephanie and her family are safe as well.

Take care! Have a good evening.

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

so glad you all made it through the storms o.k.

Aunt Jenny said...

I am SO thankful that you all are okay..what scary storms!!
We have had WAY more snow than usual here this winter..but nothing like the sort of storms in the south.
You take care!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

So glad you all are okay. I don't think I've ever seen any hail like that. I remember the ice storm in 1994. I'm just glad it wasn't like that again.. Have a terrific Valentines Week.. Bunches of hugs!