Sunday, April 13, 2008

FARMGIRL MEANING......


In the blog-a-thon that Tina over at www.gardengoose.blogspot.com is hosting for the next few weeks, has named this week FARMGIRL MEANING. Or what does a farmgirl mean to you. It means something different to each and everyone of us. The meaning for me is that I get to live the way I think God intended us to live. I am not the owner of this 40 acres, I am just the person God choose to tend to it and also the person that gets to be the care-taker of several animals. To have to chance to go back to the simpler way of life. It's planting a tiny seed in the ground, and watch it grow. It's the feel of freshly tilled dirt in between my toes. It's the warm breath of a horse in a cold morning when one goes out to the stall to feed. It's the smell of fresh mowed hay in the afternoon. It's the taste of my labors in the winter when I have food canned and in the freezer from the summer garden. It's have the chance to raise my kids where they learn responsibilty and hard work. It's stopping after a long hard day and looking around and seeing the fruits-of-my-labor. In the bible, it tells us that man shall live by the sweat on his brow. Yes, I am lucky and blessed to be able to live my dream.
If you want to connect with the inner farmgirl that is within you and with others , join in the fun over at www.maryjanesfarm.org

5 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

amen Laura! loved your post. that's what it is about.
hugs to ya gal.

Renie Burghardt said...

Very well said, Laura!

I don't consider myself a farm girl, but I do consider myself a country girl/woman. Many of the things you believe in and hold important and cherish, I believe in as well, but I am mainly interested in Nature, love animals, love the freedom that comes with country living, the space, the quieter lifestyle, etc. Maybe the difference isn't that big. I enjoyed your post, and am going to check out the farm girl link right now.

Have a wonderful week!

Renie

Kim Campbell said...

Well said, hon!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see the fresh veggies sprouting up later this summer. Be sure to take photos and share those of your garden too when it comes harvesting time. :)

Beemoosie said...

Great post Laura!! You are surely blessed!