Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yesterday was another day here at 2LMZ Farms. The morning found me cleaning stalls and the goats pens. I did take my older goats and turned them out in the pasture. Afterwards I started just picking up in the house. I did get some clothes washed but with all the kids around here I never get to see the bottom of the laundry room. I did make a BIG dent in the pile but still have lots to go. Then it was time to start getting ready for the rodeo. We have to start early getting showers, we only have two bathrooms and with all of us that takes awhile. Thank goodness only 5 of us needed showers yesterday. Before we knew it, it was time for us to start loading up. I went in our truck pulling the trailer with Kyle and Maggie riding with me. I also had to stop along the way and pick up a friend of mine to haul with us. Brian took is truck and riding with him was, David, Kasey, Emily and Tessa. We usually have a convoy when we head out . Jon Brandon was suppose to come and pull Brian's rope but he had pulled a double shift and said if it was okay he was going to bed. Kasey did spot Brian and I couldn't tell who was pulling his rope. He drew a good bull but was bucked off and stepped on. He is okay but his chaps did get stomped off of him and his leg has the perfect hoof mark. There was 22 barrel racers there last night and I was number 10. I looked over at my friend Lessel that had rode with me there and told her let's rock-n-roll. Now, when I'm running I'm talking to my mare, Ok, I'm hollaring at her. Usually the music is turned up loud and people can't hear me but last night, yup, my voice carried over everything. Dass was on fire last night. We wrapped those barrels that one would have thought we was professional or something.lol I never heard my time but everyone was telling me it was in the low 14's. Lessel had a real good run and her time was 14.478. Come to find out I had ran a 14.3 and place 4th and won some money. WOO-HOO My neice Sam was suppose to ride last night but has come down with strep-throat. She was upset because she was missing the rodeo but I told her not to worry for there was a rodeo every weekend somewhere.

5 comments:

Patty said...

you are always so busy : )

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Sounds like yall had a busy weekend and doing laundry is a never ending this is it? LOL. It seems when I'm doing laundry and about to get caught up, more piles up. LOL. Oh well, that's life for us women I guess. "PRAISE GOD" that Brian wasn't hurt by getting stepped on by that bull. I bet that scared you to death tho. I know it would have me. "CONGRATULATION'S" on your good ride and for winning some money. Strep-throat is no fun at all. I do hope she gets to feeling better soon. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
P.S. I don't know if you know this or not, but that akinogal is SPAM, so please don't go there. You may want to delete it. Just thought I would let you know.

BClark said...

Good Morning Laura, I love visiting you and wishing I were there whooping and hollering as you and your beautiful horse give it your all. I can smell the dust and sweaty horse and all is good with the world. The best to you and yours, Barbara

Tina Leavy said...

so glad you had a good run on Dass! woohoo!

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations on coming in 4th and winning some money, Laura!

Renie