Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I HAVE BEEN VIOLATED.....

The other day I went and had my taxes filed, no problem. Then the next day my CPA called and said there was a problem with my taxes, the irs wouldn't accept it. Come to find out someone else has already used my social security number to file their tax return. So I get on the phone and called the irs and guess what , they told me they couldn't give me the information on who had done this but they wanted me to send in my federal taxes that I owed them for 2007. I told the lady that they couldn't help me but they wanted their damn money, well, sister, I'm sorry, you aren't getting your money right now. I want to know who this person is and I want to press charges against them. Well, she told me I would be pentialized if I didn't. Nope, not going to happen. I went through 5 different people trying to get this matter solved. They kept saying something that it was a privacy act the reason they couldn't give out that info. Privacy my ass!!!! Hello, they invaded my privacy when they took my s.s.n. I stayed on the phone all morning calling every head honcho I knew. I even talked to the Governor of Mississippi. He put me in touch with the head investigator who told me the answers I was looking for. He told me who to contact, what forms I needed to fill out. And he told me I could get a copy of that return and then we would have the person who used my s.s.n for their taxes. I have filled out a police report on this, contacted every body that needed to be contacted and in the morning I have an appointment with the IRS to get a copy of the return. So this is to the person who stole my identity, I am going to hunt you down like the dog you are and believe me I will find you. You are going to pay for this, I'm going to push every damn button I know to make sure you are put away. You have messed with the wrong little southern, redneck, hillbilly white gal!!!!!

4 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

That is so tragic. Good for you for keeping on their tales so you could get answers. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for you!

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

UGH, I'm sorry you had to go through this. You must know people in high places if you were able to speak with the Gov! I would not want to be on the receiving end of your anger! Good luck with the hunt!

Renie Burghardt said...

My goodness, Laura, what a terrible thing to happen! I don't blame you one bit for feeling as you do. I'm glad you found out who it is, and will press charges. Hey, I'd be matter than heck as well, if it had happened to me.

Take care!

Hugs,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

oh what a headache for you! my gracious!