Monday, April 14, 2008

This past weekend had us running for our winter coats. Saturday night we went to Somerville, TN for a rodeo. It was an outside pen. We didn't know that the temps would be dropping, we thought that spring was here so off we go without any coats. Yup, we froze. Sunday the temps never did get above 50 and today, well, it has been cold. They are calling for a freeze warning for tonight and then tomorrow and the rest of the week the temps are to pick back up. No wonder we are all sick.Maybe this is what my Grandmother use to call blackberry winter. Early this morning it was sleeting and a few snow flakes fell. Gesh, I wish it would make up it's mind. One day I'm wearing capris and flip-flops the next wearing long handles and boots. This coming Saturday night will find us at Walnut,MS at a rodeo. Yes, another outside pen. I bet this time, I put a blanket and extra coat in the truck. Don't want to take any more chances.

2 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

Walnut is not far at all from me.. Where in Walnut? Email me at
emeraldrose63@yahoo.com

We just might come.. I can't believe it's supposed to freeze tonight...
Have a great week..

Tina Leavy said...

it's been wacky weather here too..cold. guess we have temperatures alot alike.hey girl..you have yourself a good week...oh hey..I got a job..part time at a Cookies by Design franchise here. ..ha. fun!