Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We have had another busy weekend and this week has started off busy too. Saturday found us getting ready for the rodeo in Walnut. It ended up taking me 1 1/2 hours to get there. Ok, I don't drive fast pulling a trailer. We knew it was going to be an outside arena. Man, it was huge. The fastest time ran in barrels was a 17.5 and I ran a 17.7. I ended up in 5th place but with no money but did get points. Brian rode a bull that the stockhandler had just purchased and noone knew anything about the bull. He did ride for the full 8 seconds but when he came off he landed right in front of the bull. The bull just trampled him, tore his pants nearly off and just ripped his chaps. I was freaking out. Thank Goodness there was some excellent bull fighters for they were able to get him out of the way. I finally made it over there to him and he looked up just a smiling and said that he was okay. That's when my knees went weak, my stomach stared churring, and i felt sick. He did get 2nd place. If you are interested in seeing some of the action photos you can go to www.midsouthhorsereview.com click on rodeo then click on where it says to order rodeo photos. Then click on Walnut, hit barrel racing, go to page 2 and I'm number 6803 and 6804. The first picture is of my coming off the first barrel and the second is the second barrel. They caught us coming off on Dass's back legs. She is nearly in mid air. I really liked the second picture and I ended up ordering it. Still waiting of them to get the bull riding downloaded so I can view and order Brian's picture. This weekend will find us at Holly Springs at a benefit rodeo, this rodeo was to help a little boy that was in the 6 th grade and he was in my step-daughters class. He had cancer, and this Sunday he passed away. They are still going ahead with the rodeo and I know that some of the money will go to St.Jude and the rest will go to remember him. I ask that each and every one of you please remember Austin McDonald's family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, I am very sorry to read about the passing of Austin. My condolances and prayers to his family. May our Lord comfort them in their great sorrow.

God bless!

Renie