Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I have had request for the instructions on how to do the rugs. This is how I do mine, I take old sheets and tear them into strips about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide. I join all my strips by tying a knot in them. Then roll them up into a ball. I use either a J or M crochet hook. I just do a chain the length that I want. Then turn and just single crochet to the other end. I add a stitch at each end of the round when I turn. I just keep doing that until I get the width that I like. I have cut strips and then put them into the sides to make them look like fringe. The sheets are very forgiving. I have tried to make round rugs but I prefer the square rugs for to me they are the easiest to do. I hope this will help you in making your rug. You can also check out Mary Jane's website for more advice or even great ideas on rugs www.maryjanesfarm.org

No comments: