Monday, July 16, 2007

Have had a busy weekend. With Jon Brandon having a going away party Friday night, to putting up vegetables , going to church and having another party last night for him.

When he came today to say good bye, I knew that my little boy would be gone and in his place would be a man. It's hard watching your kids grow up. Watching them do things that you feel like is not the best choice for them. Yes, I'm talking about the military. I think it's just manily because I am selfish when it comes to my kids. I have to stop and remind myself that I'm not the first mother to watch their child go off to the military and I won't be the last. It takes a special person to do the honour of protecting our country and a special family to let that child go off and do it.

So, to the parents, whose place I'm in now, God bless you!!!! To the service men and women, Thank you and God Bless you!!!!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura,
thanks for visiting with me today over at my blog. ya know..it's always so nice to hear from you.
I know you've been having a few rough days of it the last few days and wanted to say "hang in there". I wanted to say too..that I looked through all of my farmgirl RAOK lists and I don't have your addy anywhere.
Could you email me and I'll give you my address and you can give me yours. I certainly would like to write a snail mail once in a while.
~Tina