Monday, July 9, 2007


Yesterday, we went back to the waterway for the kids to play. This is Emily riding the kneeboard. She rode nearly the length one way. After a few spills and rolls she finally decided she was ready to get into the boat. She has really come along way this year riding. I still haven't learned how to master getting up on my knees on that thing. I think one reason is for my knees ain't what they use to be. I believe I can thank barrel racing for alot of my problems. Hitting those barrels really tears up a knee. We had a wonderful time and the kids and adults enjoyed their day out on the water. I was asked about how I do my squash. I just rinse it off real good. Then slice it , lay them down in the bag so the bag will lay flat and just stick in the freezer. I don't blanche this for the slices are to be fried later on. I have also cut up the squash with onions cover with water and put onto boil for about 5 minutes then put into bags so later on I can have stewed squash. When I take the stewed squash out I put in on the stove let it cook down then add butter, salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

The pickles look yummy. I tried those before, but I'm not real fond of so many onions. I bet that they could be made with less onions if one was so inclined though.
Sounds like you have had a great week!

Tina Leavy said...

hey, I'm having another drawing on my blog. come visit me:0)

Kim Campbell said...

How fun! I miss living near the water and skiing.