Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today found me just doing the normal routines here at home. I washed a few loads of clothes and hung them out and I was able to pick a mess of fresh purple hull peas. Lamar got the yard mowed and I guess I needed to run the weedeater but the rocker just kept calling me to come and sit so that is what I did. David ended up going over to his friend's house and shucking corn with them. Lamar and I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things for tomorrow. We are planning on going to the waterway with the boat and tent. We will play out on the water and then come back to our place and camp. I so enjoy going out there. It is very peaceful. We are right there on the water. We went out there and camp not too long ago. I imagine we will ride the waterway in the boat , find a nice spot to stop and he will fish will I bake for a while in the sun. Don't worry, I bought sunscreen. Funny, this will be the first time I can ever remember putting on sunscreen. That little scare I had with my ear got my attention. I use to be the one who layed on the tanning beds and layed out in the sun. I use to think I had to bronze and golden year round. This year, I lily white and the only thing that bothers me now is having to put on a bathing suit. So if you read or hear about the beached whale here in Mississippi don't worry, they have just spotted me.
I hope each and every one of you has a safe and wonderful 4th of July. I have only 11 days left with Jon Brandon before he leaves. When I stop and think about the days that I have left with him I get this awful feeling in the pits of my stomach and my heart breaks.
Until we chat again
Laura

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

sounds like you have a really fun day planned for tomorrow. have a great day!

Kim Campbell said...

Oh, Laura! I feel for you. It's got to be hard with JB going into the military.
Much Love

Whitney said...

Laura, Stop counting the days and start enjoying them with Jon Brandon. Counting will only depress you.

On a good note, I finished your potholder. Email me your address!!