Thursday, July 5, 2007

We are home!!! We had a wonderful time playing out on the water and camping yesterday. Lamar and I are well-done. We both kept sunscreen on and still ended up looking like a lobster. We enjoyed the day with Tessa, Brian, and Kasey. We rode with them for awhile in their boat then got into our boat and cruised up and down the waterway. Lamar did try some fishing but wasn't able to get a bite. I sure would have liked to have freshed fried fish for supper but maybe next time. I believe we are going back this weekend. Emily wants to go and I have asked my Uncle and his family to go with us.
I got the new goats home today. I also put my two little ones in with them and seperated their mom. They sure have been doing some calling. After a day or two they will settle down and things will be back the same. I just don't know if I will keep them in the pen they are in now for it has put my milk goats in the back pen and away from where I do my milking. I may move them around tomorrow.
Here is a recipe for Goat Milk Fudge:
2 cups of sugar
2 1/2 squares baking chocolate
1 cup goat milk
1/4 tea salt
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 tea vanilla
1 Tbl goat butter( I used regular butter)
mix the sugar, chocolate, goat milk, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring sonstantly.
Bring to 236 on a candy thermometer, or to soft-ball stage.
Remove from heat, add the nuts, vanilla, and goat butter. Beat until creamy and thick
Pour into a buttered dish and cool. Then cut into squares.

No comments: