Monday, July 2, 2007


This is 'Lady' who is a toggenburg. I get around 2 quarts a day off her. When I let her out of the pen she goes right to the place where I milk her. She just stands there waiting on me to put her feed out and hook her collar up and she is ready to be milk. When I get through she heads straight to the gate and waits to go back in. She is the boss of the herd. She doesn't like it if you start showing the other ones any attention. She is the hog attention getter. She is very loveable. The only trouble I have with her is she HATES dogs. She will run after them. Why, I don't know. She was first oned by the Amish but a friend of mine bought her and when she kidded this year she lost her baby. That is why I have her and milking her.
Had a barrel race Saturday and ended up winning the adult class. The show was cancelled after the adult for it started raining. Saturday was also our anniversary and we went out and ate and just mainly enjoyed the evening together and talked about the 4 years that we have had together. Some good and some bad but we survived and our love grew stronger.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Congratulations on winning the barrel races. I love the pictures you post of you going around the barrels. I have never seen a barrel race but it sounds like a lot of fun even for spectators.

Whitney

Day4plus said...

Yay!!! Good deal on winning. And Happy Anniversary. And--your garden looks great. MB