Friday, July 20, 2007

Tomorow starts our show season. I have 7 goats that I had planned on entering the ring. It looks like there will only be 4. I got 3 goats clipped and trimmed was fixing to start on the the 4 th goat when the heavens opened up. There won't be time in the morning to finish up clipping so I believe we will only take 4. I know I can clipp and trim one before the show starts. Then all we will have to do is wash and then get ready for the show. I have 2 little girls that will show in the under 8 showmanship. Then David, Nicole, and Alisha will enter in the weight class. Emily will not be showing tomorrow for she is at soccer camp and won't be home until next week. Right now, it looks like it will all be nannies that enter tomorrow. I know, I should have started earlier but my world has been turned upside down. I could have gotten through today but the rain has put a hold on it right now. I was inside the barn when it started raining but when the lightening started I got my little tail in the house. It thunders and I'm looking for a hole to crawl into. I'm terrified of storms. I will have a busy week , tonight I am going to watch two of my cousins compete in the Miss Rodeo pageant, tomorrow, the goat show, followed by the open horse show which I will compete in, tuesday, I will go and watch my cousin compete in the Miss Fairest of the Fair, Thursday, will bring the youth rodeo, where I have to be to watch my little cuz ride in the mutton busting, Friday night is the rodeo where they will crown the queens of the rodeo and then Saturday night, I will compete in the rodeo on barrels. This will be my last rodeo until Jon Brandon comes home.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey..best of wishes at the goat show and at the rodeo. I hope you do really well at both of the events. hugs to ya.

Aunt Jenny said...

sounds like you are busy busy busy. I have watched my friend LuAnn get her Oberhasli goats ready for showing...what a job!!
Have fun at the rodeo too!!

Patty said...

getting ready for shows is a lot of work. Hope it all goes well for you and that you bring home some ribbons !