Saturday, July 28, 2007

If I ever write and say I'm ready for summer again, would you please remind me of the summer of '07? It has been hot and humid plus dry this year. I usually don't do winters but for the first time I am ready for the cooler months. This year I have sweated in places that I didn't know you could sweat. lol Even the pool is hot. Hello, it's a swimming pool not a hot tub. Maybe the pool doen't know. I talked to my son the other day and it will be 3 to 4 weeks before I get to hear from him again. I am doing better. Every time I complain about doing something, I just think of what he is going through and that gets me motivated. I'm carrying the Army flag tonigh in the rodeo and riding in honour of my son. I ran barrels last night in the rodeo, I should have just stayed at home for I hit the second and third barrel. It was like me and my mare wasn't on the same page. Which isn't new for us. Half of the time she is already around the first barrel and I'm still coming through the gate.
My garden is drying up and nearly time to think about planting some fall vegetables. any good suggestions for vegetables to plant here in the south?
I also have to start getting the goats ready again for we have a show this coming Tuesday at Pittsboro.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey thre..gal it's been hot here too. I'm a major wimp when it comes to days in the 90's..I hibernate then..and do everything I can think of to do inside until it cools down enough to be outside. You know it's hot when it says 90 in the shade on the thermometer!
Well, about the garden..can you plant things like greens, and cabbage and so forth?
That's usually what they grow around here about that time.

Kim Campbell said...

Hot here too. Glad you heard from the boy. All I can say is take it day by day. We're all here for you!

Can you plant squashes? Beans? Pumpkins (yum!)?
XOXO

Tracey said...

I guess I know where the global warming is, then! We've had such a wet summer. Many of us thought that because it was so cold over the winter that maybe we'd have a long, dry summer. We did get a week of dry, but that's been about it. When the sun comes out now it's humid and promises to bring more rain in a few days.

Glad you heard from JB. Bet he misses riding them bulls, eh?

And yes, I believe it was only yesterday that you and I were both only 21 :)