Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yesterday was fulling and exciting. We started our goat show season and we done very well. The two little girls that are showing for the first time this year did real well and enjoyed it. I had 4 goats to go into the ring for showmanship. My neighbors little granddaughter showed one of my goats in the under 8 showmanship, then the two little girls showed, and I had my cousins son to show. They didn't place but they all recieved a trophy so that was good. Nicole and Amber(two girls showing for us) was in the Light Weight 1 class together, they placed 3rd and 7th. David had one goat to go in the Light Weight 2 and placed 11, then he came back in the Middle Weight 1 and placed 4th. My neice was in the Light Weight 1 with her goat and won that class. I got home about 4 and had a few minutes to put things up, feed , milk , and load right back up to go to the open horse show. I ran in the barrel class and had some stiff competion and ended up in 3rd place, then I came back and ran in poles but my mare was cutting in on the pole, I believe she couldn't see that last pole. I had Chris to get on her and she done the same thing with him. He finally made her do the poles. We figured out they had the pole set too far apart. There was alot of horses cutting in on poles. It was like they just didn't see that last pole. We got home about 1:30 this morning and I didn't get up until 12. Whew, I haven't sleep that long in a LONG time. Today will find me cleaning house and doing things here that shouldv'e have been done yesterday. We haven't heard from JB , but I hope we will some time this week. I sure miss my little solider boy.

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

congratulations on a good show day! hope you are having a real good day today.

Whitney said...

Wow, you did well!!! Would loved to have seen you compete!

Kim Campbell said...

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXO

Tracey said...

Congrats on the good goat day, Laura.

I know you miss your soldier boy ((hugs!)) but think of the joy that you'll feel when you see him again!