Sunday, September 23, 2007



Here is Micheal driving with Kyle giving the support to the ponies and to Micheal. Kyle hooked the double tree and guided Micheal on which way to pull the ponies. In KY, you can only have 3 people hollering, anyone else yelling, that team would be out. Do you know how hard it was for me to keep my mouth shut during the pullings? I ended up sitting with two wonderful older gentleman who have been pulling for 30+ years. Boy, did I learn some new things. They knew the families of those from KY who were pulling and I learned those families history. I also heard every joke that those two old timers had ever heard. All in all.... I enjoyed sitting and listening to the older gentlemen. Mr. Hall told me that if he lived to 4 pm Monday, him and his wife will be married 47 years. I could here the love and gentlenss in his voice when he talked about his wife. He reminded me so much of my Grandfather.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Our state fair starts this coming weekend!! I can't wait.

Tracey said...

Ah...the power of ponies!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

It would have been hard for me as well to keep from hollering! But it sounds like the old gentlemen kept you entertained. I enjoyed reading about the ponies!

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

sounds like you had a great time. I always love the stories that the "old timers" can tell...jokes and all.