Saturday, September 15, 2007

LOOK, MUD


Yesterday we had rain to move into our area coming off the hurricane. The ground was so dry that it didn't take long for it to soak up. We needed that rain a month ago, oh well, atleast we got some. After the clouds and rain moved out is when we started rounding up the horses to shoe them and trying to ride them. I was able to pull out my favorite rubber boots, my LADYBUGS. After running up the hills and hollars I was proud to hollar that I had mud on my boots. If you think those boots are something, I even have a pair of green ones that actually look like frogs. Boy, do I get some stares when I wear them at horse and goat shows. Then again, I get stares where ever I go for the way I dress. I'm telling ya, I dance to the beat of my own drum. Now, If I could only get my spurs to fit on these boots.

4 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You know in London they call them 'Wellies'. I had mine on yesterday as the storms blew through Alabama.
I feel like a kid with goloshes on =D

Renie Burghardt said...

What a wonderful blog you have here! I'm kind of new to blogging and enjoy visiting great folks around the good old USA. Just wanted to say "Howdy" and you are very fortunate as lmzfarms sounds so homey and great. We've had a little rain after a scorching August, with no rain, but we need more, as everything is extremely thirsty. The pond is getting so low, that I've seen some wild turkeys walking around in the shallow water!

Blessings to you and yours.

Renie

ancient one said...

We got 1 1/2 inches off the remnants of that storm last night. But there was no mud in my yard. Down the road from us maybe 10 miles, they had mudholes that were still full of water this afternoon. They got more than us, but I'm thankful for any rain. Love your boots!!

Tina Leavy said...

LOL well they look like fun boots. bet everyone is just jealous they didn't think about wearing ladybugs or frogs first huh? :0)
glad yall got some rain.