Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ooops, I done it again,.....

Well, this is the second weekend in a row that I have missed a barrel race. Yes, I have missed 2 weekends straight. What in the world has taken my attention away from my passion, you say? Well, its two little ponies. We bought another blue roan the other day and today was their first pulling as a team. It was sad to see Jose harness on another pony but I know that he wouldn't mind. David done real good today, he went out on 350% which was 1755lbs. That is alot of weight for these little ponies. And guess what?! We have another pulling next weekend. So.......I guess I will be at a pulling instead at a can chasing. Gotta support this boy. Heck, I have and Dad has way toooooo much money invested in them for us not to be there. Everyone bragged on the little team. David hung in there with the best of them. There was a lot of sorry express here and at the pulling about the lose of Jose. I still tear up but will survive. I have been out to his grave twice today. He is just right here behind the house so I can vist him.

2 comments:

Day4plus said...

What !! No barrel racing? them ponies have you by their little hooves. Kylee and her mom are at a 3 day event in Monroe. It is fair time there and they are on before and after the rodeo. Ambush, Kylee's horse came up with a shoulder problem today and they have been waiting on the chiropracter--i haven't heard anything yet. I remember when Dass pulled up lame and thank goodness she came out ok. I'll let you know how everything goes. Maybe Jose is pushing the other 2 ponies to help them in their pulling. Good visual. Take care, MB

Tina Leavy said...

those ponies sure do have you now as MB mentioned. But ya know..I think they'd have me too.:0)
Glad that they pulled well at the show.
Hope you are having a good weekend.