Monday, September 17, 2007

WE ARE FAMILY......

I don't know if I have mentioned it or not but we(Boo and I) have another child living with us. No, we are not talking about wasn't me but Nathan. Nathan moved in with us about 3 weeks ago and Kyle just might as well live here as much as he stays here. So now we have Brian(Tessa's husband), Tessa, Kasey, Kyle, Jon Brandon, David, Nathan, and Emily. So if it sounds like there is alot going on around here , you betcha there is. With 3 boys here full time, never a dull moment. Emily , don't worry about her, she can hang with them. We do have fun around here but the kids know that this is a working farm. Not a hobby but working. We have to make a go of things just to survive. We work hard and we play hard. They also know that things around here has to be done, the animals feed before we tend to ourselves. Sure, we goof off but all in all, there is alot of sweat, muscles and tears poured into this place. Just like me getting the goat harness, there is a purpose for me getting them. I am using that on my meat goats to build up their muscles but also to train my wethers to pull so maybe someone will see them and want to buy a pet goat to pull a cart. That way maybe I can up my profit on my goats when it comes to selling time. They same with the ponies. The boys are always trading, and such but the ponies have to win a little to pay their way around here. Same goes for the horses around here. They have to earn their way to stay here. We have alot of things going on but there is one thing about living on a farm. I know where my kids are, there is too much to do for them to lay around , or ride the roads, let's just say, they have too much to do to have free time to get into too much trouble. I believe that is what is wrong with alot of kids today. They have too much free time.

10 comments:

Day4plus said...

Good for you. I agree with what you are saying. We all appreciate things so much more when we have to work for them. And we can sleep so much better at night when we know we did our share.
My horse Ambush is not well at all. We have a hard decision we have to make in the next few days. Say a prayer for good ole ambush. thanks, MB

Kim Campbell said...

I agree! No structure any more. Too many run free and wild. *sigh* I wish it still were the 50's, lol!

Day4plus said...

Today we had to put down Ambush. She had a broken shoulder caused by a bone infection caused by a scratch that weakened the bone. Osteomyelitis. MB.

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura,
I agree that too many kids in today's society have things handed to them instead of earning them. When you work to get somewhere, you don't take it for granted.

Renie Burghardt said...

Your family life sounds like it's on the right track. Everyone doing their share to keep the farm going, can bring great satisfaction. More power to you, Laura!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, and I'm sorry about your horse, day4plus.

ancient one said...

I remember having to scrap corn. Once my dad had my sister and me do it for a hog he was raising. And I helped my husband scrap corn when he had a horse. He just has goats now and he buys their feed, but he kiddingly said we should scrap that field across the road. I'm too old for that!! LOL

Tina Leavy said...

hey there, wanted to let you know that I'm having a little drawing over on my blog. hope you'll join the fun.

JANET said...

Y'all sound like The Waltons! That is meant in a good way!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Janet, we may sound like "The Waltons" but believe me , we look more like the Clampites.lol
Laura