Monday, September 3, 2007

One More Time.......

Today has been a nice and exciting day. Got up this morning, feed and doctored on all the animals. Hubby was off today and did mow the yard. I ran the weed eater, washed off the porch. Hung out a few loads of clothes. Then we got ready and went over to s-i-l house for a fish fry. Yup, us southerners have a cookout pretty darn regular. When we got ready to say the blessing, nephew Greg had something to say. Greg? This is the quiet one. Anyway, he announced to the family that he and his wife ( the doctor) is expecting. What an answer to prayers. For they didn't think they could have any. They have been trying for a long time and now, yup, gonna be another rugrat running around. The due date is March 24. Okay, something is up with this family. Do you know how many family members have birthdays starting in March. Nearly the whole darn lot. As I sat at the table I started counting, I have , wait, don't know if I can count that high or am I counting the same kids and adults twice. One more time, I'm going to be a great aunt. My great newphew and two of my great neices wanted to come out to the house and see the animals. I know that my great neice, Abi Grace, is all the time wanting to come and pet the animals. So, does being a great aunt mean I'm getting older or that I'm one totally cool super Great aunt? Okay, let's count one more time.......

6 comments:

Day4plus said...

Hey there!! Sorry to hear about the new pony and your doe. That shipping fever can be nasty and run through a bunch quickly. Glad you found it when you did.
No babies here---everyone is either too old, too young or at the moment don't want any more.
Kylee didn't do so well all week-end because of Ambush's knee. the vet said it was the knee not the shoulder and popped it back in place but she is still sore so Kylee rode someone else's horse. She has worked so hard with Ambush and was getting so in tune with her but oh well their day will come.. As soon as pictures are posted I will post them----watch out for that pink saddle, it will tempt you. Kylee traded her saddle for a Martha Josey racing saddle--both used of course. It actually fits her horse better. Well that;s it. MB

JANET said...

Hey, you are too young to be great-aunt! Sounds like you had a wonderful Labor Day.

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Janet, thanks I think I'm tooooo young to be a great aunt( have a nephew that is only 4 years younger than I). So that could only mean one thing, I am the super duper cool Great aunt.lol
Laura

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura..sounds like a good day.
congratulations to your family members. babies are always exciting.:0) and yeah..I bet you are a cool aunt.:0)
hugs to ya. have a good week.

Whitney said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family. It is fun to have a big family. All the get togethers, cookouts, etc. with all the youngsters running around here and there. They are fun fun times....

Kim Campbell said...

Congrats on the newest up and coming member of the family!!

BTW, we are only going to be 12 hours away from each other!!