Friday, September 7, 2007

Working on some night moves......

Not the kind of night moves you are thinking. The kind that helps pay bills and cut back on expense.( still not those kind of moves). Have been doctoring on everything that bleated, neighed, barked, meowed, mooed around here. I am so sick of giving shots( hmmm....wonder how the animals feel). I pray that maybe I have gotten the virus under control now. This dry weather isn't helping any. This week has been one of those weeks where I took one step forward and to find myself actually running two steps back. Like one of those trucks stuck in the mud and everyone is hollering"you got it" and you are still in the same spot just spinning your wheels. I have been trying to get started on some things to put in my Aunts shop for Christmas and trying to get a few gifts made myself. I got another letter from JB today. It's only 3 weeks away till I see my son again. He is making if fine still homesick though. It will take us about 7 hours to get there so I plan on leaving out around 1 on that Thursday and returning home sometime Monday morning. I noticed tonight that my horses are getting a hay belly on them, so next week my afternoons will be riding. Do I remember how to saddle a horse? I hate to say it, but the other night I went through some old tapes and watched some barrel racing and rodeos, yup, I have got the fever again. I just don't know how much longer I can hold out, November sure seems like forever. I'm missing the smell of the dirt, the roar of the crowd, the feel of Dass underneath me. I even miss my little one, JD, hollering," Go Aunie". Just ask Tracey over at www.carpentercreek.wordpress.com about little JD cheering his Aunie on. I believe Tracey and Darling had a good hoot watching the tape that I sent them.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey girl! I figured you have been pretty busy lately. I bet that tape of you at the rodeo is fun to watch. I love watching the Pro bullriding on t.v. at night. back when I lived in Arcadia, FL we used to go to the rodeo every July..it was loads of fun. I sometimes miss it.
Hope all the animals are doing much better.
I've been trying to get on the ball on getting the Christmas gifts started too..ugh.
Hope you have a good weekend.
~Tina

JANET said...

Hi Laura, my husband grew up on a cattle ranch, and while he didn't ride bikes, he did ride horses every day from the time he could walk and stand on a barrel to get on the horse! Like Gardengoose, we watch Pro Bullriding and used to go to the rodeo in Montgomery some. He still has a horse out in the country, and while I quit riding (never really got started! haha) after getting thrown twice in one weekend, he still likes to ride when he can. Apparently, I never got the knack of how to hang on to the horse, although the first one I ever rode, I had no trouble with. But then, Mr. G. says it was practically "a dead horse!"

Tracey said...

Yes, you might say we got a good hoot, but our fave was the screaming cowgirl! It was all good, though.

Sorry you've had so much trouble with viruses. There was one going through the fairgrounds and a lot of sheep went home with coughs and snotty noses. The little icelandics cleared right up once they got home, though.

Night moves...ugh. I keep hoping I'll make a few sales online to keep me from joining that crowd. Not sure how I'm going to work outside the home with Darling home after school and City Boy working crazy hours... I feel your pain!