Saturday, January 26, 2008

ARGH.....WE HAVE BEEN HIT......

Yesterday turned out to be a cold and wet day. They were saying we were under a ice strom warning so all the schools were letting out early. It started raining about 1 and turning into sleet. By 4 we had,yuck, ICE. Tess, Jon Brandon, David, Brooke, and me went into to Tupelo, thought we had enough time to go before the roads got bad. On our way home there were two wrecks within a half-mile from each other. One of the wrecks wasn't that bad but the second one was. One of the victims of the wreck was killed. The scanner was reporting wrecks left and right. We made it home fine. Abbie, JB's girlfriend was working and it was late when she got off so we was all worried about her driving in but she made it fine and they both ended up staying here for the night. When I got up this morning we still have some ice but not like I thought it would be. Yesterday was one of my sisters birthday, Jennifer, she turned 36. Her and her daughter had district livestock show yesterday. They got through right at dark, so they ended up staying over at our other sister's house for the night. Sam, my niece, done real good showing her dairy cows. WAY TO GO, SAM!!!! Everyone gathered over here last night and we watched movies, well, I ended up falling asleep in the chair.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Oh my goodness, sorry to hear yall got some ice, but "THANK GOD" it wasn't all that bad. I'm so glad yall got home safely. We didn't get anything here where I live. It all seems to go around us when they are predicting it here. "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY" to your Sister, Jennifer. Also, "CONGRATULATION'S" to your niece, Sam, on her win. Sounds like yall had a full house there last night. I'm just glad everyone was safe and sound. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.