Sunday, January 27, 2008

HERE IS THE DRAWING OF IT


This is the drawing of my tattoo that my wonderful step daughter Tessa drew for me. She is the art teacher at Mrytle School. She is soooooo talented. I told her I wanted a horseshoe with my kids initials in it and this is what she came up with. One thing about it , it is an original. The horseshoe stands for my love for horses and also for my Grandfather, the rose is for the love that I have found, and the kids intitials are in order they way they came into my life. Starting with Jon Brandon, Micheal David, Emily Rea, Tessa Marie, Kasey Ray, and last but not least is Brian Lee. They guy who done my tattoo asked if I gave birth to all of them, I told him not all of them but just don't tell my heart for it doesn't know that. I didn't have any color put in it. It is black and gray. I plan on getting another one when JB leaves for Irag. It will be his military symbol. I was afraid some of the kids would laugh about the tattoo but you know what, they all think it's cool.

7 comments:

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

It's even more meaningful that one of your children was able to draw it for you.

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Laura,
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful drawing of your Tatoo. I love that you also did it in black and white. I'm glad the kids thought it was cool also. I can't wait to see the one that you are going to have done when your Son goes back to Iraq. Will it be done in color or black and white? I do have a question for you. Is getting a Tatoo the same thing as having one of those Ink Tatoo's? I have seen the show on the TLC Channel before, but I don't know if that hurts or not either. If it didn't, that would be more my speed right there. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great afternoon. "THANK YOU" for sharing your beautiful Tatoo with us. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

WOW, That is really cool. and she is quite the artist. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Renie Burghardt said...

Your step daughter is very talented, and I agree with your kids, it is a cool looking tattoo! And a treasure to you!

You've been so much fun to read tonight, Laura! Have a nice evening.

Blessings,

Renie

BClark said...

Hi Laura, Cool Tat! She is a talented artist and made a nice one for you. Combined all you wanted and not hokey a bit. I look at them and think maybe but I am such a chicken I would need to be pie eyed first!

Glad you made it safe with the ice storm, it is so amazing to me that people will not slow down in those conditions, real dumb.

Take care my friend and thank you so much for your visits, they mean a lot. Barbara

Whitney said...

Was this your first tatoo? And I have to ask, where did you put it? I am too scared to have one done. Plus I don't know what I would want.

Peace, Whitney

Tina Leavy said...

neato Laura! you go girl! like the design.