Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THEY ARE SAYING WHAT?!!!

I got up this morning grab my cup of morning go-go juice(coffee). My mind is still a little fuzzy not completely awake, turned on the t.v. to hear the weather. The weather man is saying we could have a possiblilty of mixed wintery mix starting tonight. I nearly dropped my cup. Why is he saying this? This is the deep south. I live in Mississippi, we aren't suppose to see and experience that sort of thing. Sure, it gets cold but wintery mix, naw, not here. Sure enough, they are saying we have a good chance of seeing some of this starting tonight and tomorrow. Be my luck, we have ice. Now that's talking some bad stuff. We have experienced some ice storms and it's heck when you have animals. So that means tonight I have to put ALL the animals in the barn in case we do have some stuff. Like I don't have enough to do around here. I will have to make sure everything is put in their little room(stalls) and make sure they all have on their blankets. I'm telling ya, I don't know who stole my sun but I'm on a mission to find it.
I recieved a seed book the other day and I have spent my evenings just pouring over the pages and dreaming about getting out in the yard and the garden. I plan on ordering some things but the rest I just get out of my Mom's yard. I usually get my garden seeds from the feed store here in town.
Have any of you been listening to the news about the milk and cheese coming from cloned animals? What are your insights on this? Me, ain't no way, I'm eating or drinking from a cloned animal. I don't approve of this for I believe that is messing with nature and something bad will come from this. Just my thoughts on that but I would love to hear what you have to say on this.

4 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
It sounds like yall may get more than us. LOL. I'm a bit farther North than you also. I pray yall won't have any ICE. I don't like ICE either, but Snow I will take anyday. LOL. Sounds like you are getting all ready for Spring and it's still Winter time. LOL. I wish I had me a place to plant somethings around here, but I don't. Maybe some of my friends will grow stuff and they will give me some. I love Garden Foods. It's always so fresh and taste's so much better. I really love to eat me a Mater and Mayonnaise Sandwhich. LOL. Oh, but it's good. Slice me a mater, put some mayo on both sides of the bread, add some salt and pepper, and mmmm, good. I have seen the news, but haven't heard about the clonging of those yet. I think that is so wrong. Why on GOD'S Green Earth, would they want to do stuff like that anyway? There are some very sick people in this world, and I do think most of them are in the form of our Government people. Sorry to say that, but that's how I feel. But, as you know, the Government is trying to take GOD out of everything these days. I'm on your side my friend. I feel the same way you do. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Beemoosie said...

I say "no" to the cloned animal by-products myself.
Stay warm and safe friend, and I hope the weather isn't all that bad for you!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Hello, Laura

I am in Falkner, so we are neighbors. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'll add you to my blogroll..
I can't believe this weather either. I bet it is a pain when you have all those animals that you need to keep warm.I just brought my beagle and my collie inside..
Stay warm..Nice to meet ya!

Tina Leavy said...

hey there Laura...
brrr! it got chilly here today in the deep,deep south. yikes..snow in ole' Mississip?? i!yi!yi!
well..it has snowed before in Florida..many moons ago..way back when I was a little kid...so it has been known to happen.
Gee whiz..and just when I'm in the Spring mood too! shoot. I hope it blows further North for you all.
(By the way..if you like heirloom veggies..I do have some seed listed in my new Garden Goose Market..smiles)
I can't wait to start growing veggies this year.
About the cloned things..I am not for it.
Well..hope you have a good weekend girlfriend! Stay warm!
hugs, Tina