Monday, January 14, 2008

BRRRRR..... it's cold here. Got up this morning and the temps are 26. I know some of you are use to the temps being colder than that but hello, this is the deep south, we aren't. Saturday was a busy day for us. I had a barrel race at Pontotoc which I didn't do worth a crap. We caught the first and second barrel then I left out heading to the rodeo. Brian was in the first round of bull riding. The bull he drew is one he has gotten several times and has not been able to ride him. The bull got about 3 jumps and he came off. Then my sport came up. We went wide on the first barrel , the second was picture perfect and the third was a little wide. I reached down and smacked her with my over and under and I felt her give to her left back leg. So I started pulling her up. We left three barrels standing but she was limping. I don't think it's anything serious for the next morning she was fine. Gonna give her a few days off and see what becomes of it. I know my mare and I honestly think she just stepped wrong and it was alittle sore. Gotta go and get ready for work.
My friend Karen, has had a death in her family. I ask that you all remember her and her family during this time. Her family just lives about 30 minutes from me. Karen, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and yours during this time. I left you an email this morning and my numbers, I'm here if you need me.

5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
"THANK YOU" so much for the condolences. I will check my emails shortly. I'm sorry to hear your mare had a battle with her leg. Hopefully she will just need a little rest is all. It is a cold morning here also. They are saying we may have some Wintry Mix late Wednesday into Thursday. I don't think we could get so lucky. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

BClark said...

Great that your mare does not seem to have serious problem. It's tough when our critters hurt, they can't tell us real well.

If it will make you feel any better at noon today it was 4, not sure what it is now but probably below zero somewhere.

Take care and my best to your friend Karen, times like this are hard. Will send prayers. Barbara

Whitney said...

Glad it is nothing serious with your horse. Good to read your blog again. I have been so busy around here that I have barely had time to sit at the computer much less catch up with everyone. The weather has turned cold here too. The high today is only supposed to be 37! And we have had some snow flurries all day long off and on. Nothing to stick though. Shucks! I would love a good snowfall!

Renie Burghardt said...

Laura,

Hope your mare's leg is okay. You sure live an exciting life that you love, and that's a blessing.

Yes, it's sad about Karen's aunt, and my prayers are with her and her family as well. But listen to her talk about a wintry mix being a lucky thing! I told her she can have it all, as long as it doesn't come my way. I'm not all that far from Karen. LOL.

Hope it warms up some for you, Laura. I always enjoy reading about your doings.

Blessings,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

hope that the horse is o.k. it's been getting a wee bit chilly here this evening..not bad though.
so sorry to hear about your friend Karen's loss..hope she is holding up o.k.
hope you have a good week.
hugs,
Tina