Sunday, January 20, 2008

BRRR..... I SAY IT'S COLD HERE IN THE SOUTH

Woke up this morning to a temp of 13. Yup, 13 , now I don't care where you are , that's cold. The animals were calling out wanting their breakfast, so out I went and feed then ran like someone had set my tail on fire back into the house. I cooked breakfast for us all. Kasey, Tessa, and Brian went and bought a movie and we all sat around and watched the movie, Good Luck Chuck. It was a good movie but not for young ones to watch. Had to close my eyes a couple of times. Then we all went to Books-A-Million later on this afternoon. Me, Tessa, Emily, Kelly and Brian ended up going. I told the kids that they had better not do anything to get us kicked out before I get my books. lol Ended up they didn't have exactly what I was looking for. I did find a book but it seemed to me that the picking of books was few. The day turned out to be nice but cold. The weather man is saying that the temps should start warming up later on during the week. Good, I'm ready for it. David took care afternoon feeding for me so I didn't have to worry about that. Since he is out of school tomorrow, he is going to take care of morning feeding for me. I will feel like I'm on vacation!!! Today has ended up being a day of rest and just kicking back. Believe me, the fast track that we stay on, a day like today is welcoming. It was nice just to run around in our pj's and just let the day go at a slow pace. Sometimes all of us just need downtime just to regroup.

8 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey gal..it was cold here today too. ice standing in the duck bin(where the ducks swim) about 1/4 inch thick..and in the bird bath too. whew..and I'm further south than you. but it was cold here today.
Stay warm. Sounds like you had a good day.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Burrrr, it's cold here this morning again as well. It is currently 18 degrees. It was 14 degrees yesterday morning with a windchill of 6 degrees. Now that is cold here in the South huh? Saturday was cold as well. I was in and out of the cold Saturday. They say we may have some Freezing Rain tonight. I doubt it, but we will see. Your daughter is so beautiful Laura. I know you are very proud of her. I didn't do any posting over the weekend because it was a busy weekend around here. I did do a post this morning. That was so nice of your Son to do the chores for you. Sounds like yall had a good day yesterday. I stayed in my PJ'S all day yesterday too. It was just too cold to get out. Take care my friend and have a great day. Stay WARM. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday..
We did. It's so cold out though..
I'm off today and the kids are out of school. My husband had to head back out, going to New York City..
My daghter has here reading fair project due Wednesday. We are ready..
Have a great week.
I hope it they are right and it does warm up..

Patty said...

not fun doing chores in those temps is it ?
Its not too bad here today, 30's but dreary and sleeting at times

ancient one said...

Good Day to stay inside and catch the laundry up! That's what I did!!

BClark said...

Well, I don't know if it will make you feel any better but we had a high of 9 today and that was the first day above zero we've had in several days. The goats are getting all shaggy, I put the little ones and the big ones together for warmth. We also had snow probably about 4 inches or so. Will need to snowblow in morning, maybe,lol. Take care, stay warm, Barbara

Day4plus said...

Nice to have a day to stay warm and kick back and let someone else feed for a change, huh. MB

Renie Burghardt said...

We had 9F Sunday morning! And I had to get out into it as well. Things have warmed up a bit but another arctic front will arrive by tonight. But by next Sunday, we'll reach 50F. WooHoo!

Hope it has warmed up some by now.

Blessings,

Renie