Friday, January 11, 2008

Hard to believe that we are nearly thru our second week in January 2008. Yesterday we saw storms after storms here in our area. The alarms were going off like crazy. I was running around trying to find a hole to crawl into. Mainly here in our county, we had alot of trees down, but some towns next to us wasn't so lucky. A high school was hit real hard. It all brought back memories of 2001 when the tornado hit our town. My parents and both of my sisters lost their homes. Our house was right in the middle of the path. It also took a hit. Just right up the road from us, their was 4 people killed. What normally would have taken me only 10 minutes to reach my family, that night it took me 2 hours to get to them. I didn't know if they were died or alive. That was a nightmare that I pray that I don't re-live again. That tornado that night left a path of more than 20 miles of destruction. I understand what those people in those neighbouring counties are going through. My prayers and thoughts are with each and every one of the victims of this storm.
Tomorrow I have a barrel race at Pontotoc, then afterwards I head out to Houston(Karen, it's in MS not TX.lol) to run at the rodeo that same night. My neice and me are running against each other again also Brian is riding. Jon Brandon won't be making this one for his unit left out this morning going to some Camp???? for some traning. It sure is quiet and lonesome without him around. I will be wearing one of his shirts and his belt so that way I will have a part of him with me.
The weather hear has turned cold and windy. Where, oh Where has my sun went? If you have borrowed my sun would you please return it kindly. I sure miss my sun and warm temps.

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

wow, sounds like some storm you all went through back then. yikes.glad all was safe this time around.
hope the barrel races go well for you.have missed ya ..but figure you are staying busy as ever.have a great weekend.

Kim Campbell said...

Good luck today! I know you'll score!!!!

BClark said...

Storms sure can make us sit up and take notice. We keep thinking we know more then Mother Nature and she keeps smacking us back down. I am so glad that you and your family came through alright. That is cool you will be wearing the shirt and belt, I wish you tons of luck. As to your sun, if you find some will you share. I am living in a perpetual fog and it's getting me down. If I find some you get a slice too, Barbara

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
"PRAISE GOD" no one in your Family was hurt or lost anything. I just hate Tornadoes. That is so why I stay on top of the weather. I guess I'm a weather geek. LOL. I want to know ahead of time so I can prepare us for a disaster. I know it doesn't always work out that way, but it could help out. I hope the Barrel Races went well. Yes, I remember it was in Houston, MS and not in Texas. LOL. Hey, I'm just a Southern gal, and to hear the name Houston, well first thing I think of is Houston, TX. Oh well, we live and we learn new things everyday. We got some more rain last night late. It started out Sunny here today, but clouded up some this afternoon and it was quite chilly as well. It's already down to 34 degrees. They are talking again about some Snow Showers on Wednesday thru Friday. I ain't getting my hopes up that's for sure. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.