Saturday, January 19, 2008

COME SHOW MAMA SOME LOVE.....


Awww, come on and show Mama some love. This was made at Ashland Rodeo. Brian had just got through riding his bull and was leading with his score. As soon as he hit the ground, here comes my little cowboy over to me to let me check him out and make sure he is okay. Plus for Mama to congratulate him. Brian and me have this ritual. He carries one of my Grandfathers buckeye in his pocket. He also comes and gives me a kiss and a hug and I tell him to stay safe and that I love him. Then afterwards he comes over to me. I even do this with JB. JB always carried the buckeye that I tote in his pocket and we do the same thing that me and Brian do. When JB leaves for his duty overseas, I will send my buckeye with him. That way, I know a part of Grandfather will be with him at all times and also my prayers.
It's hard watching someone you love climb on the back of a bull and ride for 8 seconds knowing that he could get seriously injured or such but it's also a joy and pride watching him do that. It's also hard knowing that your days are getting fewer and fewer with you lil solider boy and everyday you try to make memories to hold on to while he is gone. Whether they are climbing on the back of a bull or going into war, they know that Mama is on the sidelines, tears streaming down, praying that her lil boy comes back to her.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

and may they come back to you too I pray as well. lovely post...and yeah..daggum it you made me tear up girl.I hope all your boys stay safe.

Renie Burghardt said...

Your words made me tear up as well, Laura!

Such a sweet picture. And sweet memories being made. And your other boy will go off, knowing how much his Mama loves him and her prayers will keep him safe! Yes, they will!

God bless, and have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones.

Renie

Aunt Jenny said...

I teared up just reading this. What a great tradition and like the others said..great memories you are making with them. You are a great mom!!!