Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Woke up this morning thinking that we was going to be iced in. The weather man had reported last night that we were going to have rain turned into ice during the night but when I got up at 5 this morning the temps were reading 41 so we missed that one. We have rain off and on all day. Yesterday some real close friends of ours lost their barn, boat, trailer, hay, feed and all their tack in a fire. It seemed that some neighbors kids were in the barn smoking and set the barn on fire, they did get the horses all out. The two girls who were 13 and 14 were taken into custody. I rode down there and it was all gone. Nothing left. After we got back we started filling up the hot tub. Oh, I didn't tell ya that we got a hot tub. We got one that will sit 8 people. Hey, we have to have a big one with all the kids and such. When I went out outside just now, the temp was reading 87 and it is suppose to be 100. Me and Kasey has done decided we are going in tonight no matter what the temp is. Now we don't know exactly how long we are going to stay in but we are going in. lol So, is everyone gonna watch American Idol tonight.? I believe they are going to be in San Diego tonight. Who knows you just might see someone you know on there. lol Be sure to watch out for our little country farmer boy in the next few weeks. Let's see if he can tickle your fancy.

6 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your neighbors fire..
YEs, We missed that wintry mix. I am so ready for spring..
Hope you have a good evening.. Stay warm!

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
We missed out on the freezing rain as well here. When I got up around 3:30a.m., the temperature was 34 degrees. I looked out my front room window and saw just rain. Dadgummit, I am so wanting some Snow so bad. It is suppose to be turning colder again tomorrow night I think. They say we may even have another shot at some Ice on Friday. I doubt we will tho. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor's fire. That was just awful of them 2 girls being in there and smoking. I can't believe you got a Hottub girlfriend. You go girlfriend. Now, I'm gonna have to come down there for sure and visit ya. LOL. But I'm going to wait till it warms up tho. LOL. Yall have fun in it tonight and think of me while your in there. Sounds so fun and relaxing. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
I'm just dropping by to see how you and everyone are doing? It is another bitterly cold morning here. It is currently 19 degrees with a windchill of 6 degrees. The radar on my Sidebar is showing some Snow, but I don't know if it will make it to us or not. I wouldn't mind to have just a dusting of Snow. I wanted to let you know that I finally got around to doing that Meme that you tagged me for a couple of weeks ago. When you have time, stop by for a visit. You can always email me your comment. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Renie Burghardt said...

Morning, Laura,

I followed Karen over here. LOL.

How terrible about the fire burning down the barn.

Did you get into the hot tub, like you said you would? Must be invigorating, getting out of it in the cold! I suppose you make a beehive into the warm house. Probably a lot of fun though.

Have a great weekend with your family.

Blessings,

Renie

Mississippi Songbird said...

Happy Friday! You've been tagged. You can do it at your leisure, if you want to participate.. It's up to you..It's just a way to get to know you..
See my blog if you want to do the meme.. Have a Terrific Weekend!

It's sleeting outside.. Stay warm...

Beemoosie said...

Whew! A hot tub sounds WONDERFUL, about now!!! Hey, I tagged you so if you'd like to play along, come to my blog!!!

XXOO
Take care!