Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED.

I've been tagged by beemoosie over at www.beequilting.blogspot.com and by Stephanie over at www.mississippisongbird.blogpspot. I am to list 7 random things about me. Afterwards I'm to tag 7 people. Let's see if I can shock you all again with 7 more things about me.
1. I have a tattoo. I just got it yesterday. It is a horseshoe with a rose in the center and a banner running underneath with my kids initials. It has JB, David, Emily, Tessa, Kasey and Brian's initials in it. (Yes, I was a pansy ass and it hurt, only the outlining the shading didn't hurt.) I will try to post a picture of it soon. Yup, ya'll are going to see it
2. I use to live on a dairy farm where we milked over 300 head of cattle a day. My two boys were raised in the milk palor while I milked.
3. I use to compete in tractor pulls. I had a John Deere 1939 model that I drove.
4. I hand milk two of my dairy goats and we drink the milk.
5. I raise Boer goats, one time I use to raise Sufflock sheep.
6.I won a pageant two years ago. I done it as a dare, I competed in Mrs. Fairest of the Fair here in Pontotoc, got my heels hung up so I kicked them off went across the stage in my evening gown barefooted and ended up winning. Yes, there were other people in my category. I had to drink a couple of beers to calm my nerves but it was fun and really funny for I was the oldest one and beat alot of 20 somethings, that were really beautiful. Think the judges felt sorry for me.
7. I have had my nose broke twice from fighting.
Okay, so I could have went on and on but think I will hang on to those for a later day. Now, I'm suppose to tag 7 people but I am going to ask those of you who do read my blog to tag yourself and let's see 7 random things about yourself. Come, on it's fun. Don't you just love being nosey. I know that I do.

6 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

You go girl! I have a tattoo also. And it hurt like @##^&@&*!^!!!

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Laura,
Oh my, I can't wait to see your Tattoo. I have always wanted one with my DH'S name on me. I'm too skeered to have it done tho. LOL. Maybe I'll need to have more than 2 beers to get me to have it done. LOL. "CONGRATULATION'S" on winning the Pageant there. I don't think the judges thought you were too old. Beauty is skin deep and from the pictures I have seen on here of you, you are a beautiful woman. I have never tasted goat's milk or even milk from a cow before. The milk I have always had has been the kind you buy in the store. I have never even milked a cow. LOL. I guess I'm too citified. LOL. I enjoyed reading your Meme. I did mine yesterday from when you tagged me a couple of weeks ago. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Great interesting facts there.. and you got in a fight??lol
Cool about the tatoo too..
I've never tasted any kind of milk except from the stores. Maybe I'll try it sometime. I've never milked a cow either. I grew up in Texas, but it was the city of Houston..lol
Thanks for playing along on the meme. Yes.. I love learning more about people..
Way cool. and I sang backup on the Song "Harper Valley PTA that night when Jeannie C Riley was in the club, and the other song was paper roses....lol

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hit the go button before I was though commenting..

The weather here was okay. We just got a little bit of sleet. They did let our school in Tippah , Benton and Union county out early..

Oh,and Congrats on being Fairest of the Fair....That's so neat!

Renie Burghardt said...

HI Laura,

Wow, you've had some adventures, been a beauty queen and are going to show us your tatoo! LOL. I really enjoyed your meme!

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday evening.

Blessings,

Renie

Tina Leavy said...

LOL had fun reading these.