Thursday, January 17, 2008

Last night watching American Idol they showed a young man driving a tractor and I thought I know that boy. I told the kids(Tessa,Kasey,David, and Brian) that looked just like Drew. David said Drew Popplerietter? And I said yes. Well, the show continued and then they showed some clips from his home and yup, it was Drew. I started yelling,"OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT'S DREW!!!" Drew is from Saltillo, MS. He grew up in 4-H. My kids have showed with him and his family for a long time. Drew has always been singing and trying to get a break in the business. I have a cd that Drew gave me a while back(think it was like 2 years ago) and let me tell ya, that little boy can make this 40 year old's knees go weak when he sings. He has an awesome voice that is a cross between George Strait and Randy Travis. At least that is my opinion. Drew is a very nice southern gentlman. It was weird and exciting to see someone I know personally singing on American Idol. He did make the cut to Hollywood but that's all we know right now. So, if you are a fan and even if your not, try to watch out for this young man. I know that one day, we will turn our radio on and there will be Drew, crooning on the radio. And just think, I knew him before he turned famous.

8 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Laura,
Wow, how cool to turn the t.v. on and see someone you know on American Idol. I do hope that Drew can make it as a Singer. Sounds like he has some good talent. I know you are excited about it. And yes, if he does make it big, you can look back and say you knew him before. Did yall get any Snow or Ice yesterday or last night? All we got was a cold rain. The temps were just too warm around here for anything like that. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

He was my favorite last night! Seems like such a nice guy- I'll be rooting for him.

BClark said...

What a rush, I sure hope he makes it. I am writing down his name so I can vote for him, they let us do that don't they?
We had some sun this afternoon, I hope some came your way also. I know how you feel without it. I'm waiting for Spring and drooling over the catalogs and websites.
About the cloning, I don't know kinda seems like twins. But I do not really know all that much about it. I wish you warmth and no ice or snow and just joy, Barbara

ancient one said...

I am an American Idol fan since the very first season. I happened to be on the phone last night while the show was on, so I didn't pay very close attention. It will be so nice to see Drew compete. I will remember that he is your friend. Let's hope he goes all the way!!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Oh, I just did my blog about Drew! I think he's a doll.. I hope he goes far.. We are cheering him on too..
Have a great evening!

Tina Leavy said...

cool..they need another good singer like Randy Travis.:0) sounds like the boy is talented. hey..I hope you are having a good week.
had company today..and I got a new leather sofa today..woot! woot!with recliners on either end..yay. my inlaws...the sweeties that they are brought it to us.yoohoo.
hope you have a great weekend!

Got 2 Trot Librarian said...

thank you for visiting! After your comment, my husband left a comment asking who Drew was, lol. We watched American Idol together, but I don't think the name stuck with him.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Laura,

It really must be exciting to see someone on Idol that you know personally. And he is a good looking young man. Stephanie posted a picture of him. I'll be sure to tune in to see how he does.

Hope you didn't get any ice. That is the worst! One year, we had it real bad, and lots of animals perished. Especially deer, who broke their legs trying to walk on it. Oh well, on that cheerful (not!) note, I hope all is well with you and yours.

Blessings,

Renie