Saturday, February 24, 2007

I had my interview yesterday. It took a little over hour. It was really fun. The girl that done the interviewing is a good friend of mine and we keeped getting side tracked during it. Regina, who done the interview, is soooo talented. I just love reading her articles in our local newspaper. I have been begging her to write a book with all of her articles and she says one day. Ok, Regina, one day is here, get busy writting. When I told hubby about the interview and me being chosen for the cook of the month , he just laughed. I don't know what his problem is but I can solve it. Haven't cooked in two nights. ha Bet that will get his attention.
6 yrs ago to this date and day, Pontotoc had a F4 tornado to come through and left a 23 miles of destruciton. There were 6 people who lost their lives in this tornado with several being injuryed. 4 of those people who lost their lives lived just one street up from me. Our house was in its path. My sister Jennifer, lost her house and my parents lost theirs too. When I got the called that they had been hit, I left going over there. What normally would have taken me 10 minutes to get there took me 2 hours. The whole time trying to get there, I kept wanting to be a kid again, to be small and in the comfort of my Mother's arms. Ever felt like that? It was so sad to see everything gone. Today when you drive where the tornado took its path, everything just looks so different.
The weather is saying that this afternoon and tonight we could be in for some ugly weather. It's doing just like it did that ill fated night 6 years ago. If you are reading this , PLEASE say a little prayer for all that is in the path of these storms. Not only for us here in Pontotoc, but in other states that is getting hit either by snow or serve storms. Thanks

1 comment:

Day4plus said...

I hope the bad weather stays away from you and everyone else for that matter. We have been having snow but now it has turned to rain. wet and muddy. around the horses shed is nothing but mooshy mud. MB