Monday, February 5, 2007

Woke up to a cold morning. It was 22 and the highs only got to 30 but it was sunny and the wind would cut right through you. I know to some that isn't cold but here in the south , that is cold. Just looking outside one would think that it was warm , NOT.
My dad is going tomorrow for some test. They found something of his chest x-ray. It's hard to accept that he is getting older. He will be 68 his birthday. He has always been the strong type. We never did have a good relationship but when I got divorced it was like something changed and now we have a father and daughter relationship.
When we was growing up , he never was really around. He drove a truck and farmed. Well, us girls did the farming. He never came and supported us in anything that we done. Now that the grandkids are showing , he is at the shows and even makes sure they have the animals to show. I guess that's what grandkids are for, making up where you left off when your kids were growing up.
I got a seed catalog in the mail. It just make the itching that much more worse. I am going to order a couple of things. I really want to fix up a place for us to sit and eat by the pool. I can't have a deck but I have something in mind that would be just as good.
I don't mind getting the pool ready but hate closing it up.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

What seeds have you picked out to order? Do you have a big garden? How is your Dad today?