Sunday, February 11, 2007

Okay, I survived, Jon Brandon survived, and the bull survived. I was a wreck all night long. I did feel better when I noticed he was wearing a vest and helmet. I did okay until I seen him go over the chute. Then it hit me, he was going through with it. All I can remember is when the chute opened I went over the gate. Yeah, like i could stop that 1300 lb bull. I honestly think if he had got hurt I would have to. That was the longest 3 seconds of my life. He says that he is going to ride again next weekend. Gesh, my nerves are shoot. I did give him my buckeye that was my grandfathers and told him that Daddy Jack will be with you all the way . Thank you Lord, and Daddy Jack for taking care of him.
Woke up this morning to a beautiful morning but cold. Went to church and then came home . Lamar has been making hay trips . He bought some round bales of hay and moving them home. Today has turned out to be bright and sunny with a high of 50. Think I hear spring tiptoeing .

2 comments:

Beemoosie said...

OH, the things are boys put us through! Hang in there, mama!

Tracey said...

Laura, I'm glad it wasn't any longer than three seconds...and that he was okay! Eight seconds is a lot longer than folks think it is when you're watching your kid on the back of a bull...