Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning with a high of 51 but as the day has gone on thetemp has started dropping. The lows tonight is going to be 20. Gosh, can the weather not make up its mind? HELLO SPRING, where are you?!!!
Lamar is taking me out to eat tonight for Valentines Day. Yeah, I know he is a day early. I have plans for tomorrow night so that is why we are going a day early. Every year I take him somewhere he hasn't been before. We try to keep it local. One year , I took him to Graceland. Can you believe that as old as he is , that he had never seen Graceland? Much less, Elvis's birthplace and we only live 15 minutes away from that. Last year I took him to the Pink Palace in Memphis. This year , I'm taking him to Tupelo to the auto museum. He loves old cars and here is this place that is right here at our door and he never has been. Lamar has a 65 chevelle and then I have a 71 chevelle. His is white and mine is black with white strips on the hood and back. He will not even consider selling his but Hey, mine is for sale. It is a one car body with a 454 big block engine. That sucker will fly. It is too powerful for me. I rather have the horsepower of 4 legs underneath me that 4 wheels.
Gotta go and get powdered up for my hubby!!!!! Two for one tonight at the place where we are going. Believe I might be looking for that lost shaker of salt. Or I might just blow out my flip flop. Who knows??!!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I've never been to Graceland myself...but then, I live a bit further than fifteen minutes!

Hope the two of you have a terrific Valentines Day!