Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I have been told that I'm "old-fashioned". Not, me. I thought I was cool. So, I got the BOOK out and looked up the word 'old-fashioned' and this is what I found: old(1) ancient. Hey, I'm only a '67 model .(2) having existed for a specified period of time. Only for 39 years , that's all. (4) advanced in years. Look, like I said only for 39 years. (5) showing the effects of age or use. Ok, so I have a few gray hairs and a couple of lines that use not to be there . Things that was going north is now going south.(6) no longer in use. I wouldn't go that far. Can still get my groove on.
Here is what I found out about old-fashioned. (1) out-of-date. Just because I can still wear previous years clothing I wouldn't call that out-of-date. (2) conservative. Ok, you got me there, I'm stingy with things. Was always taught to never throw anything away for things had other uses.
(3) cocktail usu. made with whiskey, bitters, sugar and a twist of lemon peel. Now, that I am. I'm strong like whiskey, I can be bitter and then I can be sweet like sugar. And most of all I can be zesty like a lemon peel. So maybe , in a way , I am old fashioned. I guess being called old fashioned isn't all that bad. Hey, who doesn't like a hotty toddy every once in awhile.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Personally, I think we ought to use those gray hairs to our advantage. We could say we've frosted our hair like our mothers used to...that's old fashioned, right?

Unknown said...

I'm proud to be old fashioned, no shame in it! It's alot easier than trying to keep up with today's oddity's and fads!