Wednesday, August 29, 2007

THE DATE HAS ARRIVED......

I have an offical date of when Family Weekend is at Fort Knox. It's September 27, 28, and 29. I'm already packing. I can't wait to see JB. I will leave out on Thursday night so I can be there at the base on Friday at 10 am. He can leave the base at the time Friday and return Sunday by 4 pm. It's been two months and my arms are aching. I know, he is not a baby anymore but wait, it doesn't matter how old or how big they get, they will always be Moma's baby. After that weekend, I will go back in November to see graduation then we will find out where he will go after that. All I can say, is be on the look out for a bronze color Malbu with a MS tag that reads,'2lmz' for I'm hello bound to see my son.I'm not stopping until I reach the gates on Wilson RD. Now, don't you know that those Sargeants are going to think something when this southern redneck woman comes tramping in with her overalls, boots , apron , and hat. lol
We got a little shower this afternoon and all it did was make the temps go up higher. Now do you see why I don't bother brushing my hair. I have natural curly hair and with the humidty it screws to my head. If I was to try and brush it I couldn't get through the door. I do straighten it sometimes but it takes me over an hour. I have very thick hair. Anyway,,,,,,,, I got a new baby goat. My friend Justin called and asked to me take this baby and raise it for him. The Mother's bag dried up and the little fellower isn't big enough to survive without milk. I have named her 'Jeri Curl'. She is black and tan with curly curly hair. She is adorable.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Have fun with your son!! I bet he is aching for a big mommy hug too!!

Tina Leavy said...

that is great that you'll be going to see JB soon. woohoo! I know you have been looking forward to that.
aww..I hope the little baby goat does well.

Kim Campbell said...

YAY! I am sooo happy for you! One never outgrows a parents hugs!