Monday, August 20, 2007

Today was a nice day. Yes, we still have the heat but actually today was very tolerable. The heat wasn't that bad. I didn't get everything done that I had on my list but some of the projects were big ones that can be completed as the week goes on. I did sell one of my goats Saturday. I got rid of Burrito. She was a nice little nanney and was 100% boer. I had a man today to call and he is coming Wednesday night to look at some of my goats. His granddaughter wants to start showing and someone told him to contact me. The granddaughter lives in Webster County which is several counties away. Hope fully, my farm name is getting out and making contacts to where I can actually start seeing a profit from the goats. I had a guy to call last night and had a sick goat. He stated that it sounded like maybe a cold , the goat had congestion. I told him to make sure there was no fever and for him to go and buy some children's medicine for congestion and give the goat 3cc's. The goat did not make it. I'm wondering if the little one have a respiratory infection. I'm not a vet ( it does help that I have two in the family) I just know what has worked for me. I give my goats children's over the counter medicines for their illness. I also have a few homemade remidies that I use that works for me. Now don't get me wrong, I do call the vet( my cousin) when I think it is serious and nothing else seems to work. It is like having kids, you know when to take your child to the doctor. I will try and post some about what I give my goat with certain sickness. The main thing to remember is give your goats a healthy diet, clean water, shelter, clean pens, keep them up to date on their vaccations, and make sure they get their vitamins. See, it is just like children. Well, in a way it is.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

so glad that the word is getting out about the goats and what you do for folks. sory to hear about the man's goat dying though. :0(
glad you made a sale though.